Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,It might be of interest that I found out that you cna connect to the ADB running on your device (Eken M001 and M003 should work) vir the following commands:adb connect <IPofDevice>:5555after that you canadb shellto have a shell or any other adb command.even DDMS wich enables you to view the logcat.I hope this helps the developers here.

·
Registered
1 Posts
adb install will fail with the error "/system/bin/sh: pm: not found" unless you replace /system/bin/sh (which is busybox on the stock Eken M001 firmware) with the normal Android /system/bin/sh. It works fine after that. Also, to use adb at all, you need to enable USB debugging (that starts adbd).

·
Registered
13 Posts
anyone an idea where to find the original /system/bin/sh ? The rest is working great (Thanks to Zerodime!)The firmwares here all seem to be using busybox.Update: Extracted the attached 'sh' binary from someone that uploaded the Apad /system directory and copied this to my /system/bin (rm the sh -> link to busybox)# chown xxx sh (xxx -> use the same owner as all other files)# chgrp xxx sh (xxx -> use the same grp as all other files)# chmod 777 shAll is working and I can debug apps from Eclipse directly onto the Eken M001 !

·
Registered
103 Posts
testdroid;11546 said:
anyone an idea where to find the original /system/bin/sh ? The rest is working great (Thanks to Zerodime!)The firmwares here all seem to be using busybox.Update: Extracted the attached 'sh' binary from someone that uploaded the Apad /system directory and copied this to my /system/bin (rm the sh -> link to busybox)# chown xxx sh (xxx -> use the same owner as all other files)# chgrp xxx sh (xxx -> use the same grp as all other files)# chmod 777 shAll is working and I can debug apps from Eclipse directly onto the Eken M001 !
Hey, i am new to android.... "xxx -> use the same owner as all other files"??What is the owner? How do i find it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.