Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,I have an Eken M001 on its way to me. I obviously want to do some mods to it, including updating the firmware. I really don't intend to be watching videos and listening music on it, but rather intend to use it for internet browsing and generally get my head around the Android OS.I've poked through the forums but there's so much information, much of it is old and much is new and it makes my head hurt. Therefore, I'd like to know the following (and sorry if some of these questions are just plain naive):What SD card rating should I use with my Eken? I want to try the swap partition and didn't know if it would work just as well with a class 2 card as it would with a class 6 card.Is a SDHC card preferable over a standard SD card?Will any size SD card work for flashing or should I only use a smaller sized card? There seem to be some problems if people use larger capacity cards.My laptop has a built in SD card reader, so I'm assuming I don't need to use a MicroSD card like I've seen on YouTube.Are there any easy solutions for adding USB functionality to the Eken m001 or is the modded cable really the only easy answer? I'm not certain I'm capable when it comes to opening and modifying cables. I was hoping that there might be an existing solution out there.Anything else I might be forgetting?As always, thanks very much for the help.Pierre

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.