Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
completely new to tablets and the android platform. just bought a generic 7 inch off ebay.my first challenge i suppose is identifying my unit. the little info book that came with it says mid706.the brand is quoted as being xihamaprocessor viaprocessor speed 533 mhzsingle core256 mb ramhard drive 2 gbhere is a link to my purchase 7"touch WIFI Tablet Handheld Android Laptop 256M camera - eBay (item 110565698544 end time Aug-10-10 05:01:32 PDT)the sellers ad said the tablet is running android 1.7when i power up the front lower right bottom reads v1.8.2it seems like a neat gadget but i cant get online with wifii can however get online with ethernetmy hope was to use the pad alongside my samsung omnia 2 using wmwifirouterit works great with my msi wind netbookthe tablet doesnt even see the router in the available networks listit does see my home roter but will not connect to it.im not real tech savvy like many here but i think several things are happeningfirst the apad doesnt appear to have an ip address for the home network to recognisesecond and most important to me is i think i need to set up an adhoc network. for my phone to connect to it.am i on the right track here?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts