Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i am a complete noob to all things involving hacking however i have gotten far enough to at least get the panda home screen up. My problem is installing the apps. I can follow directions however i have noticed there are alot of abbreviations used and i have no clue what they are. Is there a tutorial or somewhere i can get basic instructions on command prompt

·
Registered
143 Posts
Open up Notepad and copy and paste this into a blank notepad window:adb install Aldiko.apkNow click File, and Save As...change the File type to All files instead of Text Document and name the file "Install Aldiko.bat" WITH THE QUOTATION MARKS - do NOT leave these out! Save the file to the same directory as the Hack-The-Novel directory you created to hack the PDN at the very start and copy Aldiko.apk to the same directory as well. Now you can connect the PDN to your computer and just double click Install Aldiko and it will copy the program to your PDN automatically. Every time you need to install a new file just create a new notepad file and follow the same instructions with the exception of changing Aldiko.apk to any other program you want to install. Say for instance you wanted to install the YouTube application...you would download YouTube.apk and put it in the Hack-The-Novel directory, create a new notepad file that says adb install YouTube.apk, and save it just like earlier but name the file Install YouTube.bat with quotation marks around it. Double click the newly created file and your program will install.

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
Here is an easier way to install apps. Install the attached PackageInstaller and install Dropbox. Put the APK in your Dropbox on your PC and then retrieve it using Dropbox on your PDN. If you have installed the PackageInstaller after Dropbox downloads the APK the installer will automatically invoke and ask you if you want to install the APK.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Basically there are 3 ways to install APP easily on PDN. They all require you to install at least one APP via command line.1. Install APP Installer to install an .apk from an SD card.2. Install a File Manager that can install an .apk from an SD card. 3. Install Dropbox APP and account on the PC, drop APPs into the dropbox folder on the PC, log into DB from PDN, select APP which will d/l and install.Since you have Panda Home installed you must have used the PH batch command (.bat). Choose a desired method from above. Make a copy of the .bat file, open it in a text editor, replace the PandaHome.apk with the new APP name (.apk). Rename the new .bat file. Make sure the APP file is in the same directory. Execute the new .bat file with the PDN connected to the PC to install the APP. Now you can do the easy installation method.

·
Registered
143 Posts
You guys are forgetting that the lady has no basic knowledge whatsoever of command prompt usage...creating a batch file in notepad that says "adb install package.apk" is going to be far more easier than anything else, plus I wouldn't want to modify the panda home installation batch file just in case she needs to re-unlock her PDN.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you ive figured it out, id like to thank tobias for actually including pictures it actually helped make sense of what you guys have just said and surprisingly its not as hard as it looks
. Thanks for the help i have installed a few games and aldiko...does this mean im not a noob anymore
I tried your way bmurph and it worked just fine before i learned how to use the ADB method

·
Registered
361 Posts
Why not use an app. installer from PH & copy .apk files to the SD card. After installing, all you do is run appInstaller & it will show you a list of apps. on the SD card. You just select the one you want & it is done. These are not instructions, more a question to the forum. This has been the easiest way for me, but it doesn't seem to get any votes.

·
Registered
425 Posts
[quote name='bugeyed;23040]Why not use an app. installer from PH & copy .apk files to the SD card. After installing' date=' all you do is run appInstaller & it will show you a list of apps. on the SD card. You just select the one you want & it is done. These are not instructions, more a question to the forum. This has been the easiest way for me, but it doesn't seem to get any votes.[/QUOTE'] bugeyed: I'm with you. I've been using App Installer from the start and have recommended it in other threads where folks were having problems installing apps. I also recommend Quick Uninstaller for removing apps. These are nice, basic, easy to use apps that do what they say they do.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Thanks for piping up. I probably got the idea from your post. For those new to it, all you do is install appinstaller.apk using the instructions listed above.Then the icon should appear in the home page. You just launch it & it will search your external SD card for .apk files, then follow the prompts. I use Win Explorer to push the files to the Novel to the root directory of the SD card. Real simple. I have QuickUninstaller too, but haven't used it yet. Does it do anything different than dragging an icon to the trash can?kev

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.