Android Tablets Forum banner
81 - 100 of 103 Posts

·
Elite Member
387 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I reinstalled my tweaked rom and installed esfix, really improved the tablet feels alot lighter and smoother now. The makers of viper have a blog http://vipersaudio.com/blog/ i downloaded both apk files and sound is alot better now. Link2Sd solved my internal storage issues, xposed modules, minminlock, adaway, gravity box, injector and from the market full screen, greenify with smart launcher 2 and all HD icons from the Vexel and rondo packs im actually happy with the tablet. But when i use my other tablet (Samsung Galaxy tab3, 8inch) with blackhawk kernel and CM11 dual bootin (underclocked to 1200mhz) it still feels .... i dunno :) Lets see if we can make this tablet run better, im happy for now just battery life is really bad, on continous usage i get around 2 hours.. :(

Getting around 20k score in Antutu, sometime 19k sometime 21k ... but still doesnt feel smooooooth :)

Screenshot_2015-02-10-02-22-14_zps04c08b

Screenshot_2015-02-10-02-23-43_zps335749

·
Registered
5 Posts
hello everyone, I have a tablet cherry mobility m_743 and I can not download on (pan baidu link firmware that is quoted in the forum so here is the link: https: //pan.baidu.com/s/1i3JuUax .
thank you for your help if I could have a direct link

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone,

For those who are lost and still searching for how to install custom recovery on their devices I hope maybe this may help.

Got it working on my Logicom S1024 tablet ( CWM v6.0.3.3 by bnmguy)

So at the beginning nothing worked, installing recoveries, stock2cwm ect... always ended up flashing the stock rec image with PAD tools because of the stuck logo image but after multiple tries, I found out how to make this work, It worked for Logicom S1024 and can guarantee it will work for you but maybe will help.

Download portable recovery + CWM or TWRP recovery -> copy it to your internal storage or on sd cart -> go into your stock recovery and launch the portable one (both worked for me TWRP and CWM) -> install the zip -> reboot into recovery -> reboot and then try to acces to your recovery like usual -> done.

·
Super Moderator
1,192 Posts
Got it working on my Logicom S1024 tablet ( CWM v6.0.3.3 by bnmguy)

So at the beginning nothing worked, installing recoveries, stock2cwm ect..
Yes, the portable ones are the latest and most likely to work better.

This CWM-recovery maker is a bit older and it's not that convenient.

So it's better to use those portable ones you mentioned.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I tried to install the AOKP for android version 4.2.2, but it showed the Hannspree logo then it was just a blank screen, I think the problem is I do not know what Kernel to use from the AOKP link, I have restored it thanks to TWRP recovery (I made a backup file before I touched anything so I was glad I did that) Which Kernel should I use for my HSG1279 as I want a custom ROM on my tablet. Thanks if you can help me

·
Super Moderator
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
I tried to install the AOKP for android version 4.2.2, but it showed the Hannspree logo then it was just a blank screen, I think the problem is I do not know what Kernel to use from the AOKP link, I have restored it thanks to TWRP recovery (I made a backup file before I touched anything so I was glad I did that) Which Kernel should I use for my HSG1279 as I want a custom ROM on my tablet. Thanks if you can help me
Maybe this helps you. You probably can use it's boot as it is. Steve30 had similar problems as you now.

Cyanogen mod 10.1 port for Hannspree Hannspad HSG1279 T71 by Steve30x

https://www.slatedroid.com/topic/91641-custom-rom-cyanogenmod-101-422-by-christiantroy/page-6#entry1245730

The stock he used as base, update-FW8963-20131219E

https://www.slatedroid.com/topic/102857-compatibility-zip-maker-and-cwm-recovery-maker/?p=1245362

·
Super Moderator
1,192 Posts
So use it`s boot.img file with AOKP and just ignore the compayibility kernel? Or am I misunderstanding what you mean.God I feel stupid even though I am supposed to be good at thus kind of stuff
Yeah, try it`s boot.img file with AOKP (4.2) . You can flash portable CWM in TWRP and then restore the boot.

The Compatibility zip maker use your own kernel as the base, but in this case you can ignore it as it has been modified already. What system files has been taken from the stock, that is another question, but I made some suggestion in this thread for Hannspree. Might be the same files. Maybe it is said somewhere. Comparing original CM10.1 to Hannspree CM10.1 is another approach...

Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Technology

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Welp there is no boot.img file in the AOKP zip so that is a no go. Hmm I am not sure if I can get the AOKP on my tablet then in that case as I do not see a way to make it work with the Hannspree tablet..I guess this thing cannot have any custom ROM then as the kernel that needs to be installed alongside the AOKP as well as the cynogenmod is not compatible. God damn that is irritating

·
Super Moderator
1,192 Posts
Welp there is no boot.img file in the AOKP zip so that is a no go. Hmm I am not sure if I can get the AOKP on my tablet then in that case as I do not see a way to make it work with the Hannspree tablet..I guess this thing cannot have any custom ROM then as the kernel that needs to be installed alongside the AOKP as well as the cynogenmod is not compatible. God damn that is irritating
You could also compare some AOKP compatibility zip to CM and see the differences if any. And then modify that CM boot.img accordingly. There might be some differences in Troy's CM - AOKP - Paranoid comp zips but it wasn't much if I recall correctly.

See those file differences in that pic above? By using compatibility zip maker or what it's last name was, you should be able to add those few files to the correct lists and use it as told in the 1st post.

Hmm.. Maybe you could edit that aokp_gs702a_unofficial_2013-09-28.zip using those files from Steve's cm10.1...

What if you "restore" that CM10.1 by Steve30x and then just flash CT's AOKP 4.2 zip over it, modified so that those files in red/blue are removed from aokp_gs702a_unofficial_2013-09-28.zip? Factory reset might be needed after that...

Does it even boot?

You could edit that aokp_gs702a_unofficial_2013-09-28.zip using those files from Steve's cm10.1...

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have no idea how to edit the files or which ones that need editing, I will try the last part you have mentioned about restoring the CM10.1 then I will try to flash the AOKP images over it, I am assuming I use the compatibility maker to flash the AOKP over the CM?

·
Super Moderator
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
I have no idea how to edit the files or which ones that need editing, I will try the last part you have mentioned about restoring the CM10.1 then I will try to flash the AOKP images over it, I am assuming I use the compatibility maker to flash the AOKP over the CM?
aokp_gs702a_unofficial_2013-09-28.zip is as it says a zip file. Just remove those files from it using 7zip, winrar, winzip or whatever... restore CM in CWM portable and flash aokp in TWRP (might work in CWM too)

·
Registered
12 Posts
You've lost me, the only files that are in the zip one is 3 folders which are called META-INF, install and finally system, I just tried to flash the cynagenmod custom rom in twrp and it came up with an immediate error saying their was an error in the flash file. Is that because I am using TWRP or is that not right. This is the zip that was made compatible. If you need screenshots about what appears let me know and I will get them, but I am currently very confused. I know things about computers but not tablets and custom ROM's lol

·
Registered
12 Posts
Okay scratch that I got AOKP eventually on my tablet via a link to a backup file similar to how Steve30 installed his cynogenmod, I will post the download link to the file, but I will also keep one in my drive in case the file is removed mysteriously, as not everyone can afford the latest IPAD, thanks for your help CXZ I am glad people like you exist in the world. Here is the download link https://mega.nz/file/Z1V1EDoS#b-mCXtwlBkUKUK1jgHa8mzHozKgQjDbuZKiWlkT_1NAThanks again guys for the help, now time to see what this Custom ROM can do

81 - 100 of 103 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.