Android Tablets Forum banner
41 - 60 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ok.

Fucked up the whole thing.

Tried to just flash "rec image" and then, I tried to flash the whole firmware.

And now...

It stopped directly at "DOWNLOAD ADEC FAILED" when pressing the big "Down" button :/

·
Super Moderator
1,192 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,192 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Me again ;)

So... TWRP flashed and... nothing.

It does not reboot in recovery, I just see a logo MPMan and it switches off :/

Of course, it can be switched to be used normally, but no more recovery :/

Question : which options in PAD Tool do I need to check to just flash a stock recovery ?

Boot one ? Recovery Image ? Which box must be checked and more important : which box not to check ? :)

Thanks !

·
Super Moderator
1,192 Posts
Hmm.... The TWRP for Discovery did similar thing on my Crystal 2 too.

After I changed all its drivers+kernel to mine, it had mirrored touch screen but it worked.

Kind of - its screen was really really dark, so there is some issues that might

show itself even if the touch drivers happened to work ok.

Using the newest PAD Product toll I have flashed just Recovery with just it (+ Multiple Partition Image and Production) checked.

But earlier I have had some issues when the boot partition wasn't checked. So to be certain check

the "Production", "Multiple Partition Image", "Boot Partition" and "Recovery Partition". Uncheck everything else.

·
Super Moderator
1,192 Posts
Yet one more "bnmguy's CWM based recovery v6.0.3.3". A "fake-flash" version.
It doesn't change the orig. recovery, so it could be safer to test.
Download: http://yadi.sk/d/PBT5BnNAbgeHc

Usage: Just "flash" it and CWM recovery soon starts.
On older stocks adb might not work but otherwise it should be ok.
(Haven't really tested it much though. Works as well as the original.)

·
Super Moderator
1,192 Posts
Update: both Stock2CWMconverter and Fake-Flash version

- backup's 1970's date bug fixed.

0_12869e_72970363_L.jpg

edit: and while at it, also the "smaller installer" is now similarly fixed - see the bnmguy's orig. post for the link...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Boot2CT's Boot Converter updated (yes, both of them). Download links are the same.

Now it's run before and after flashing a ROM by Christian Troy.

Copying of stock files removed (still possible as "extra" feature).

Read the included README and example files for more info.

for Alv's tab...

to /sdcard/boot2ct-stockfiles.txt

/system/usr/idc/gslX680.idc

guesswork for Hannspree...

extract included boot2ct-otherfiles.tar file to sdcard
to /sdcard/boot2ct-stockfiles.txt
/system/vendor/lib/libbt-vendor.so
/system/etc/firmware/rt*
/system/lib/hw/sensors.ATM702X.so
Thank you very much. With your help I succesfully ported Cyanogen mod 10.1 to my Hannspree Hannspad T71. I have both WIFI and Screen Rotation working.

·
Super Moderator
1,192 Posts
Thank you very much. With your help I succesfully ported Cyanogen mod 10.1 to my Hannspree Hannspad T71. I have both WIFI and Screen Rotation working.
So, was my guesswork enough, or did you had to copy some other files etc. too?

·
Super Moderator
1,192 Posts
Great! Nice to know!

So did you tried using the boot2ct-stockfiles.txt first and it didn't work?
(Unless some unknown bug, it should as the converter just makes a tar file (from those files) that is then extracted on the next run.)

The idea of this latest converter is that once one has correct lines on that text file,
one could just publish it (and the converter) for other users.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yes I tried that first but the wifi didn't work. Is there any way that I could integrate the converter into the rom so that it makes it that little bit easier or is there any way to get it to work when there is no OS already installed? i much prefer not install one rom over another.

·
Super Moderator
1,192 Posts
>Yes I tried that first but the wifi didn't work.
Hmm... I think I tested but maybe the files in "/system/etc/firmware/rt*" folder then must be mentioned one by one.
I see if I can test/fix it someday...

edit:
These (too) seem to be bluetooth related files. No help there...
The boot2ct-otherfiles.tar file contains some* file from Troy's Discover comp zip
It might be the reason why the wifi was fixed...if you used it, that is...
(edit: * libhardware_legacy.so is the name of that file)

The converter does it job in two flashes because of the files it needs from the stock rom.
This also ensures that rom works even if someone flashes it over a different 4.22 version.
I don't think it is too complicated to use. If that option file is correct (or works ;) ), that is...

·
Registered
20 Posts
The converter does it job in two flashes because of the files it needs from the stock rom.
This also ensures that rom works even if someone flashes it over a different 4.22 version.
I don't think it is too complicated to use. If that option file is correct (or works ;) ), that is...
I asked not because it is complicated but it was a total pain to have to do it over and over again yesterday when I was trying to port Cyanogen Mod onto the tablet.

Is Christian Troy still active on this forum? I want to upload toe rom so that others can use it but I dont want to do so without his consent. I don't want to be stepping on his toes.

·
Super Moderator
1,192 Posts
Total pain... life is sometimes...

Well, I now checked some files in this "compatibility-zip-maker" of mine,
and must say that it isn't easiest to understand.
It really needs proper instructions if nothing else.
Maybe later...

A normal compatibility zip probably would be easier in your porting process.
(BTW, if you post such to the forum, mention the stock rom you used, it's good to use the same.)

Christian Troy is around, but has new projects. Probably the best way to reach him is by PM.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Total pain... life is sometimes...

Well, I now checked some files in this "compatibility-zip-maker" of mine,
and must say that it isn't easiest to understand.
It really needs proper instructions if nothing else.
Maybe later...

A normal compatibility zip probably would be easier in your porting process.
(BTW, if you post such to the forum, mention the stock rom you used, it's good to use the same.)

Christian Troy is around, but has new projects. Probably the best way to reach him is by PM.
Yes better instrudctions would be good. I've sent a PM to Christian yesterday morning. The stock rom I used was update-FW8963-20131219E

·
Super Moderator
1,192 Posts
The easiest way to do that comparability zip is probably by taking the one Mr. Troy has
done for Discover, and then just replace its "boot.img" with the one my converter produced
and put the "sensors.ATM702X.so" file to the package's "/system/lib/hw/" folder (create it).
You might also want to edit the "addition" file to match Hannspad...(edit: use for example Notepad++)

If the bluetooth doesn't work, replacing the files previously mentioned might help.

Flash the zip the way Christian Troy tells in his original post.

And if it works, by all means post it to the original thread for others too...

41 - 60 of 103 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.