Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Elite Member
387 Posts
Big Thanks for the Custom CWM, using it on my tablet a Cherry Mobility M743. If someone could help me out with some of my questions, thanks in advance.

After doing something in CWM recovery, press reboot device the device will turn off and have to manually power it on again. Choosing 'reboot system" should reboot the device to the lock screen.

And second question, after i flashed the CWM recovery i made a backup with of the stock rom. After trying some tweaking programs and scrips (pimp my rom, pure performance etc) and deleting some vendor apps i want to go back to that recovery point by restoring it to that first backup. But i noticed the deleted vendor apps wont return and all modifications in the build.prop and other script are still there? Am i doing it wrong, affraid to mess this tablet up too much because i cant find a stock fw for it, just a update .zip from the manufactorer. Help appreciated, and thanks for letting me use your stock recovery.

To restore a backup using CWM: I have a little tutorial on backing up and restoring with CWM. You can see it here: http://sero7forum.com/sero-7-root-hack-mod-and-development/nandroid-backups-with-cwm/

the CWM in the tutorial is a different version, so it wont look like your's but the procedure is basically the same. I hope it helps you.

·
Elite Member
387 Posts
> BNMs CWM-based-Recovery-v6.0.3.3-signedIf you later want corrected file dates (almost if not living in England)and USB storage mounts you can permanentize a portable one over it.BNMGUY's original CWM is unpacked like the stocks so it should work.>could you tell me will my device be compatible with other AInol devices?No is a safest bet. G-sensor, touch screen and wifi, they are the mostcommon ones that usually don't work after wrong firmware flashed.BWT, the oldest package that also contains the very same update.zip that isat their website, is pretty weird. Although I don't know if it's weird enough todouble your flash size. It's misc.img is made over a factory testing version.That is why it's so big. If that update.zip is flashed over these newer onesmisc isn't going to fit to it's partition...>One more questionYou usually can make system smaller. It doesn't need much extra space.But you have plenty of space on your sd card, so why bother for such small amount.Tip, cache is normally 64, yours is 512. And BTW, don't touch the actk 256 unlessyou are certain that you're not going to use quick boot mode. It needs that space.
His rom isn't compatible with your 2gb patcher?

·
Elite Member
387 Posts
Really having fun with this stuff thanks for all the information and tools provided. Grabbing some wallpapers, bootanimations and making this tablet fun to use, contrairy to when i bought this tab :)
Thanks again:).

The storage space issue is weird, im having another issue, i changed the partition size in PAD firmware modify tool and although it does take away MB's from the internal sd it wont show under settings i.e.
I modified partitions to have 1,5 GB Data but it only shows 1GB, allthough it does show my internal sd now with less GB's...
For performance /battery life you can go to settings > developer options > scroll down and change all 3 animation scales to .50 (or .25 if you have the option). you can even turn them off, but I don't like them off. (Maybe it's my imagination, but it bothers my eyes)

You can also check 'force gpu rendering'.

For some really cool personalization, I would recommend xposed installer instead of the rom modify tool. Although it isn't compatible with lolipop. And it's mods vary in devices too. BE SURE TO HAVE A BACKUP. You can get the same results without the hassle of the mod. Tool. (Imo)

Two of the best mods for the installer, imo, are gravity box and the exposed preference injector.

Gravity box. - So much can be done with this mod! Colors, status bar, lockscreen tweaks, pie control, these are just some of the things. it's great!

The injector places all your xpossed installer mods into your settings, for easy access.

The installer can be tricky to set up and activate for a first time user. It won't work if everything isn't installed, turned on, and rebooted properlly. Full instructions can be found in the developer's thread on xda. As well as the latest version.

The paid version of links2sd may be all you need to solve your storage size issue. And I think you should format more space onto your 2nd partition. 6 or 8gb. I usually do 50/50.

·
Elite Member
387 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.