Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many people have been complaining about how the PDN deals with SD card and internal memory card and some issue when booting with SD Card in place causing internal memory not to mount correctly. Some prople are requesting a bux fix for this issue from PanDigital. I dont think this is a bug, I think this is doing what it is supposed to. Now I have alot of computer experience, but little linux experience. But i remember dealing with SD cards and mounting them in linux when i was hacking my Nokia n770. My guess is that both the Internal and Extrernal SD cards are mounted as devices sda, sda1 or the like. Both are most likely mounted as similar devices. sda, sdb, sda1, sda2 etc..So here comes the problem as I see it. Since the external SD is required to reflash Firmware, it most likely needs to be the first SD? mounted by the hardware. When it is not present, the PDN sees the internal SD card and it is mounted first. I'm not sure if i explained things correctly here, but perhaps this issue is a function of being able to update from external SD card.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts