Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I imagine there is a .cbr reader for android, but has anyone read any comics on the device? Is the screen decent/big enough to read a full page without scrolling down?

·
Registered
107 Posts
[quote author=mrcynical link=topic=92.msg734#msg734 date=1274098672]I imagine there is a .cbr reader for android, but has anyone read any comics on the device? Is the screen decent/big enough to read a full page without scrolling down?[/quote]Comicroid is capable of reading .cbr. I don't have .cbr files but I'm using this app for .rar and .zip works very well.http://comicroid.kojin.biz/index_e.php

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'm reading comics on my android netbook. It has the same screen size and resolution (7" 800*480) and it is OK to read them in landscape, but you have to scroll down to read a whole page. I can live with that.

·
Registered
131 Posts
[quote author=mrcynical link=topic=92.msg923#msg923 date=1274225469]cheers for that, is it just a bit too squinty in portrait?[/quote]Exactly :)Depends on the original comic size of course...But the readers are quite good, they store your last read page when closing and can move down on a fingertip.

·
Registered
107 Posts
[quote author=ch4rlii link=topic=92.msg959#msg959 date=1274251360][quote author=mrcynical link=topic=92.msg923#msg923 date=1274225469]cheers for that, is it just a bit too squinty in portrait?[/quote]Exactly :)Depends on the original comic size of course...But the readers are quite good, they store your last read page when closing and can move down on a fingertip.[/quote]I think Book Reader is the best function of SlateDroid and it worth $100, just for that.I don't think the photo frame of 7" is this flexible (like reading compressed images).

·
Registered
40 Posts
Actually, .cbr files files are .rar files and .cbz files are .zip files. You have only chance the file extension.

·
Registered
24 Posts
[quote author=mrcynical link=topic=92.msg734#msg734 date=1274098672]I imagine there is a .cbr reader for android, but has anyone read any comics on the device? Is the screen decent/big enough to read a full page without scrolling down?[/quote]There's another comic thread, but from first-hand experience, ACV (Android Comic Viewer) has been the best for me across many devices. CBRs and CBZs work just fine, and look pretty good on the Eken.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts