Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Anything new with this Firmware? I guess the camera can't be fixed but are the rest working fine?

How can i install CWM on my G9 with Eken firmware?
I see an option for CWM in the Sausagescript (13)but haven't tried it yet. Waiting to see more firmware in that format before I commit. If you try it please post your results. Thx!

·
Registered
104 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi,
as he has posted on an spanish forum the rom has been updated, and it has quite good improvements. Let me sum them up.
- Both cameras are now working.
- Some improvements related to the wifi reception.
- Frequency set to 1.2 Ghz.(it is really stable)
- Some external bluetooth and gps seem to work too.

I'll give you the link to download the new update and the original thread of this rom.

Thread (in spanish): Original thread
Thread (translated using google): Translated thread.

To download the latest update(25-5-12): http://bit.ly/JYBHgR

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hi,
as he has posted on an spanish forum the rom has been updated, and it has quite good improvements. Let me sum them up.
- Both cameras are now working.
- Some improvements related to the wifi reception.
- Frequency set to 1.2 Ghz.(it is really stable)
- Some external bluetooth and gps seem to work too.

I'll give you the link to download the new update and the original thread of this rom.

Thread (in spanish): Original thread
Thread (translated using google): Translated thread.

To download the latest update(25-5-12): http://bit.ly/JYBHgR
Is this update generic? Does it work on our tablets or does it need some Modding first?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
55 Posts
Tried this firmware its a bit like the momo 11 bird in that the touchscreen does not work on the black backed g9. Real shame as I really like CM roms. If anyone has had success with the black backed one please advise how you got the screen working?.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Tried this firmware its a bit like the momo 11 bird in that the touchscreen does not work on the black backed g9. Real shame as I really like CM roms. If anyone has had success with the black backed one please advise how you got the screen working?.
It works great on my gemei g9, which is black backed. Hope, that corvus can make it usable for your tablet soon. Guess it's all about drivers, so it won't be that difficult.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sorry for the delay... been very busy.

More info here:

http://corvusmod.wordpress.com/2012/05/28/cm9-for-gemeig9-english/

This is tested in a G9 black, but some of them have different touchscreen, in this last version all are supported.

Oh, is a spanish rom, so it's in spanish by default... easy to change it... Search "Ajustes", then the A logo press it, then in the right select the first line and change language.

Corvus

·
Registered
104 Posts
Sorry for the delay... been very busy.

More info here:

http://corvusmod.wor...emeig9-english/

This is tested in a G9 black, but some of them have different touchscreen, in this last version all are supported.

Oh, is a spanish rom, so it's in spanish by default... easy to change it... Search "Ajustes", then the A logo press it, then in the right select the first line and change language.

Corvus
Thank you for your work! I just installed CM9 but first boot gave too many fc's. I 'll try again (because i forgot to wipe cache/dalvik!).

Why do you suggest older Gapps from March and not the latest from April?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you for your work! I just installed CM9 but first boot gave too many fc's. I 'll try again (because i forgot to wipe cache/dalvik!).

Why do you suggest older Gapps from March and not the latest from April?
Dont worry about Gapps... once you boot they will update "automagicaly", the only one that you need to update is gmail and is updated in market. You can also use aprils ones, but is not tested and not sure it will work.

Corvus.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Asphalt 6 : Your device is not compatible with this device.
Men In Black 3, the same.
Backstab, the same.

Other issues:

CPU @ 1200 keeps CRASHING the system and rebooting it too much. Set at 960 and it's the smoother firmware out there for my tablet as of now.

Google Calendar won't sync

·
Registered
104 Posts
I tried this firmware but I had problem with touchscreen!
Me too!! The first time I flashed it using CWM from Novo7-ICS-CWM-Recovery-Script-MODIFIED-FOR-MOMO11-GEMEIG9 over Mintpie P90 firmware but with ALL the formats. Data,cache,system.

After that, I flashed 4.17 Gemei G9 and used CWM from Sausage script. Again with all the formats. Now it worked

I got many reboots because of the CPU clock but after setting it to lower values, everything is perfect. The time it takes for apps to download and install is AMAZING!

Now the thing that is missing is your script for ~960mhz while booting
.. and gameloft games support!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hello,

I am using the Eken ROM, with the CPU set to 960 Mhz.
The tablet is working fine, no complaint at all, but I am curios about the good comments about the CM9 ROM.

A couple of general questions, before I try this ROM.

Is it possible to install it with Livesuit or do I need to install it only via CWM?
Which script (or combination of scripts) do you have to use with this ROM?
Does Flash work?
Does Google Map recognize your location?
Does Google Calendar sync?

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Me too!! The first time I flashed it using CWM from Novo7-ICS-CWM-Recovery-Script-MODIFIED-FOR-MOMO11-GEMEIG9 over Mintpie P90 firmware but with ALL the formats. Data,cache,system.

After that, I flashed 4.17 Gemei G9 and used CWM from Sausage script. Again with all the formats. Now it worked
Some of this roms modify some files that "converts" your tablet into another... Install the oficial one and work from this... good job fixing it.
I got many reboots because of the CPU clock but after setting it to lower values, everything is perfect. The time it takes for apps to download and install is AMAZING!

Now the thing that is missing is your script for ~960mhz while booting
.. and gameloft games support!
Thanks by testing the games... will work on it and the 960Mhz boot script.

Ah some times at first boot calendar doesnt sync... if from second boot doesnt sync, chech account settings to see if is auto-sync activated and check in settings into calendar aplication that the account is already configured.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Supy73,
I'm gonna give you some answers to your questions. FYI, I didn't use any script, just flashed this rom and gapps through CWM.
I just tested it right now too, and it syncs, yeah, it works as great as the other things seem to do. I tried to create a new event through the tablet and immediately appeared on my pc. The same thing happened on the tablet when I created it using my computer. So, sync seem to be perfect.

Hope it can help you. See you!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hello,

I am using the Eken ROM, with the CPU set to 960 Mhz.
The tablet is working fine, no complaint at all, but I am curios about the good comments about the CM9 ROM.
This is not a oficial rom, but the people that tested it dont have any problem....

A couple of general questions, before I try this ROM.

Is it possible to install it with Livesuit or do I need to install it only via CWM?
Sorry, only by CWM, not sure if it will be in Livesuit format some time... possibly not
Which script (or combination of scripts) do you have to use with this ROM?
None
Does Flash work?
Yes, it might i only do some simple test with flash (like see if it works
)
Does Google Map recognize your location?
Not tested by me, but no one ask for fixing, so it might work
It does for me...

Corvus

·
Registered
104 Posts
If anyone has problems with calendar sync, I could send him the files I replaced from an official firmware and now works.

I don't know if its because of the files or because i cleared data and rebooted... But it works

1 - 20 of 78 Posts