Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
For now this is a place holder for cm7 development. I will release test roms as they become available. Please post feedback if you download a rom - I have a hit counter on them and know when there are 300+ downloads and no one is giving me feedback - then I get irritated and take download links down lol

If anyone is experienced with android development or would like to learn pm me we can set up an irc chat and help each other out. I would love to get a group of us compiling roms together

I'm posting my current device tree for the PDSN which is required to compile:
PDSN Device Tree current as of JUN 9

This is NOT a rom it's useful only for developers. Do not attempt to flash it haha. This is a work in progress and in no way perfect but it's a good start.

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok I got adb working and I got logcat output and it's mad at my hack to use the old camera lib. So I'll stub it for now and move on. It also required me to run "start" from adb to get it to start init.

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
I bricked the hell out of my pdsn. I got cwm working properly from /system so I packaged everything up as a romfs.gz and flashed it to the recovery partition. now it just bootloops between the two logos.

and I don't see any cheapo units on fleabay at the moment. Sad

·
Registered
9 Posts
I bricked the hell out of my pdsn. I got cwm working properly from /system so I packaged everything up as a romfs.gz and flashed it to the recovery partition. now it just bootloops between the two logos.

That's a drag, brother! I searched XDA for that info about flashing the recovery - to no avail, of course; searching anything there is like whispering into a hurricane. I'm assuming at this point the only out is to search the mainboard for a reset jumper?

Don't give up - perhaps a comparison between the two recovery images will enlighten as to why one bricks and the other doesn't?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ugh that doesn't sound good. Sorry I haven't followed any ROM development on tablets, so how bricked is bricked in this cases since it's the recovery partition?

Scott

·
Registered
1,667 Posts

This was where I was concerned as you could lose the failsafe recovery. Do you get any connectivity at all during the loop? You have tried the 5 reboot to see if it forces stock recovery?

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
I was careful to maintain the failsafe components but forgot that those rely on the swapped recovery.fstab that lables the sdcard as sd_ext. I had changed that to mount it as /sdcard for cwm and that broke the failsafe scripts- not that it matters because it literally doesn't see init something is weird here I know I flashed it in exactly the same format as the stock version. lsusb shows the device during the bootloops for a second or two - the bootloader and kernel are fine it just can't find init. Aparently it takes it's first init from the recovery partition rather than the one in /system and isn't smart enough to look there too or the whole partition structure is corrupted. Look in the other thread for a complete log of what's happening.

The device looks in the sdcard for diagImage which I assume is similar to the haipad sdcard recovery solution (it's inerrant to this soc) but I tried it and it didn't see it which makes me wonder if I have to short some pins to get it to boot from sd at all and I'm not sure what format it's looking for out of it. I need to disassemble the uboot.bin I guess

apparently there is a mini bootloader built into the soc that looks for uboot first in the sdcard then in nand so that you can boot from the sdcard in the event of a completely screwed nand.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I was careful to maintain the failsafe components but forgot that those rely on the swapped recovery.fstab that lables the sdcard as sd_ext. I had changed that to mount it as /sdcard for cwm and that broke the failsafe scripts- not that it matters because it literally doesn't see init something is weird here I know I flashed it in exactly the same format as the stock version. lsusb shows the device during the bootloops for a second or two - the bootloader and kernel are fine it just can't find init. Aparently it takes it's first init from the recovery partition rather than the one in /system and isn't smart enough to look there too or the whole partition structure is corrupted. Look in the other thread for a complete log of what's happening.

The device looks in the sdcard for diagImage which I assume is similar to the haipad sdcard recovery solution (it's inerrant to this soc) but I tried it and it didn't see it which makes me wonder if I have to short some pins to get it to boot from sd at all and I'm not sure what format it's looking for out of it. I need to disassemble the uboot.bin I guess

apparently there is a mini bootloader built into the soc that looks for uboot first in the sdcard then in nand so that you can boot from the sdcard in the event of a completely screwed nand.
OK. because according to Pandigital techs, you can have a completely borked system, but so long as the bootloader is intact the failsafe will work. That lead me to believe there was an embedded version somewhere in maybe a protected area of the nand, besides the one in the system.

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nope the failsafe scripts are located in the recovery partition and depend on the recovery bin so if recovery is trashed so is your tablet

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
nope the failsafe scripts are located in the recovery partition and depend on the recovery bin so if recovery is trashed so is your tablet
Yeah that is kind of what I thought even though the tech said different. I know it's not as good an option for an ########### cheapie, but QVC has them on flexpay for $39 a month. At least you have had better luck than I did on ###########. Every one I bought was beyond dead,

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just a shot in the dark, Randomblame, can you attempt a load of a recovery.img from a stock B&N fw if it were in the root of an sdcard or the internal one? Assuming you didn't backup all those partitions with "cat /dev/mtd/mtd# > /sdcard/mtd#.img" I'd be happy to revert to stock and get them to you if it will help.

I don't know if flashing CWM and the device bootlooping still gives you access to the volume rocker switch and power button, or even if pushing from adb is possible without the kernel mounting anything in the first place (odd indeed if it did); I guess what I'm driving at is if you can still mount the device on your computer as a peripheral device in some manner, then you should be able to at least push a recovery image back into it.

At some point the factory had to format and flash it from empty, right?

Don't give up! Massive glory awaits you!

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No compusa in the area I'll find one on flea bay or something gotta save some cash I have a lot of devices I don't NEED a supernova I just want one and only to screw with ;D

·
Registered
63 Posts
There's one company on ########### that's been selling used ones for a while. Be interesting to find out what Pandigital would charge you to repair it although I bet it would be cheaper to buy a used one.

Scott

·
Registered
148 Posts
Randomblame:

We have some cracked glass units that we would be glad to sell for $35 plus $5 shipping if you might be interested. They all boot and work with a mouse and usb adapter. Anyone else?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts