Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to install the update. Flashed over the clockwork.img. Got ROM manager working. Only problem is that when I try to install the ROM, it asks if I'm okay with being booted into the clockwork recovery mode. I press okay. Then nothing. Now, I'm staring at the screen. Did I miss something?

·
Registered
576 Posts
[quote name='obiwan22;38818]sorry but what is the point of clockwork?[URL]http://augendev.wikispaces.com/Custom+Recovery[/URL][/QUOTE]Make a backup of your current fw setup in case something should go wrong' date=' as unless it goes really horribly wrong you should still be able to get to clockwork recovery and restore a backup of the fw from the sdcard... very handy...I made a snapshot between every "major" hack, e.g. rooted + clockwork, calibrate + root + clockwork, root + clockwork + market fix + setcpu[EDIT']Just to be clear here since I had to do some digging to find out HOW to get to clockwork, you just hold down the HOME button and the push power. keep the HOME button depressed until you get to the clockwork menu, then the various hardware keys are up/down/select/back.back = back keyselect = home keythen the other two are up and down (don't remember which is which offhand, but it's easy to figure out...)[/EDIT]

·
Premium Member
2,428 Posts
A sort of 'Safe mode' a way of restoring to factory condition, make full backup and restore. For example there is stuff about removing phone stuff to make device faster.Use Clockworks to make a nandroid backup first.Then remove the apps. But find market and youtube fails. or made a mistake and removed all /system/app files.your device is hosed.It will still boot Clockwork and you can do a restore. see the wiki to see what it looks like.Install Clockwork Recovery GT78 - Wiki

·
Registered
194 Posts
[quote name='cpg716;38850]Reading your postings' date=' its starting to scare me that you maintain a Wiki on the device.CPG[/QUOTE'] well, truefully I started making a wiki for the typical user who doesnt hack/root their devicebut now, I decided to root my device and do all the mods and Im back on track

·
Premium Member
2,428 Posts
[quote name='cpg716;38850]Reading your postings' date=' its starting to scare me that you maintain a Wiki on the device.CPG[/QUOTE'] The nice thing about a wiki is it is a joint effort. Having someone willing to update and make entries is a big help.If one person makes an entry someone else will go in an correct it. But that person probably would not on created the page in the first place.Wish I had more people like obiwan to add content on other pages.

·
Registered
194 Posts
mogrith;38865 said:
The nice thing about a wiki is it is a joint effort. Having someone willing to update and make entries is a big help.If one person makes an entry someone else will go in an correct it. But that person probably would not on created the page in the first place.Wish I had more people like obiwan to add content on other pages.
sorry guys, I try and do what I can. so far I rooted my device, installed auto memory,setpcu

1 - 9 of 9 Posts