Android Tablets Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
How should I install the apk (guess you mean the Novotools_v1.0.apk which can be found in the forum) if the vi40 can not be turned on. As I said, it will not boot.
-ame

·
Registered
7 Posts
How should I install the apk (guess you mean the Novotools_v1.0.apk which can be found in the forum) if the vi40 can not be turned on. As I said, it will not boot.
-ame
Have u resolve this problem?
maybe u have to use the livesuit and install one of that rom ( original - TNT - etc. ).
Right?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yes, now it looks more clear to me what happens and how things are related. I can now use the method of the button combinations to boot in to recovery. If the CWM recovery is installed, the tablet boots in to that. If the stock recovery is installed (eg. after a Livesuit install of a stock image) than it boots in to the stock recovery. But the stock recovery has lomited functionalities, not all .zip files are accepted.

I could finaly reflash the not responding Vi40 with Livesuit and a stock firmware, than installed CWM and flashed it again with the latest CM9 build. So it seems, I am clean now, but it was a long process.

What I would like to know, how to make a complete image backup of my current system to the SDHC card and use it (flash back) with the recovery option in case something goes wrong again. This would really help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes, now it looks more clear to me what happens and how things are related. I can now use the method of the button combinations to boot in to recovery. If the CWM recovery is installed, the tablet boots in to that. If the stock recovery is installed (eg. after a Livesuit install of a stock image) than it boots in to the stock recovery. But the stock recovery has lomited functionalities, not all .zip files are accepted.

I could finaly reflash the not responding Vi40 with Livesuit and a stock firmware, than installed CWM and flashed it again with the latest CM9 build. So it seems, I am clean now, but it was a long process.

What I would like to know, how to make a complete image backup of my current system to the SDHC card and use it (flash back) with the recovery option in case something goes wrong again. This would really help.
But ... you're lucky. Hardware recovey for u is ok.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts