Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
So someone reported on xda-developers that a A10 ROM using the CyanogenMod 9 (with Clockwork Recovery 5) is compatible with the Vi40 using the instructions below:

http://forum.xda-dev...1378594&page=46

Hi,

Just simply follow the steps provided in 2nd post.

Download CWM zipfile(d/l for novo elf.) Unzip it
Copy 3 files to /sdcard directory
Use app "terminal emulator" to run the scripts.
Once you run the second script, system will boot into recovery.
Use the three hard keys to move up/down/back. Use 'powerup' button to select.

Sent from my ONDA vi40 using Tapatalk

Does anyone know where the files are for this?

smithmal

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi,

It was me who posted @ XDA that CWM5 is working on vi40

I only tried CWM5. NO CM9 files
You can d/l the files (for ainol elf) from the 2nd post @xda and follow the exact steps.

Sent from Onda vi40 using Tapatalk2

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Amit_sen,

Is CWM simply ClockWork Mod Recovery or is it a ROM? If it's a ROM, can you provide an insight on how you like it in comparison to the default ICS 1.0 firmware?

Thanks,

smithmal

·
Registered
30 Posts
Amit_sen,

Is CWM simply ClockWork Mod Recovery or is it a ROM? If it's a ROM, can you provide an insight on how you like it in comparison to the default ICS 1.0 firmware?

Thanks,

smithmal
CWM is ClockWork Mod Recovery

Sent from Onda vi40 using Tapatalk2

·
Registered
97 Posts
So someone reported on xda-developers that a A10 ROM using the CyanogenMod 9 (with Clockwork Recovery 5) is compatible with the Vi40 using the instructions below:

http://forum.xda-dev...1378594&page=46

Hi,

Just simply follow the steps provided in 2nd post.

Download CWM zipfile(d/l for novo elf.) Unzip it
Copy 3 files to /sdcard directory
Use app "terminal emulator" to run the scripts.
Once you run the second script, system will boot into recovery.
Use the three hard keys to move up/down/back. Use 'powerup' button to select.

Sent from my ONDA vi40 using Tapatalk

Does anyone know where the files are for this?

smithmal
I'ved tried this.. and it's perfectly working "functionality"

Thanks to Amit_sen for the courage of trying it out first and sharing with us..

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
What is the key combination from startup to get into the Vi40 Elite's recovery menu?

·
Registered
18 Posts
What is the key combination from startup to get into the Vi40 Elite's recovery menu?
That is the question. One poster who claimed to have done it on the xda forum stated that a combination of the right button and the reset switch worked, but I have not been able to reproduce that.

In any event, it probably is some combination of the reset switch and buttons.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hold Press "back" Button and "Power" button, then release after a few seconds,,
I've tried doing that over and over and I cannot get it to boot into CWM using that key combination. It just does not boot if I hold down the Back button.

This is with a vi40 Elite V3 model. Has anyone been able to successfully boot into CWM from powered-off state using that key combination?

thanks.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I've tried doing that over and over and I cannot get it to boot into CWM using that key combination. It just does not boot if I hold down the Back button.

This is with a vi40 Elite V3 model. Has anyone been able to successfully boot into CWM from powered-off state using that key combination?

thanks.
Hold both simultaneously "Power Button" then "Back Button" when you see the "Robot Logo" release the "Power Button" keeping the "Back Button" press then release after a few seconds "4-7secs".

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hold both simultaneously "Power Button" then "Back Button" when you see the "Robot Logo" release the "Power Button" keeping the "Back Button" press then release after a few seconds "4-7secs".
Thanks Jeff.

I've now tried this multiple times, but every time, if I hold down the Back button (while holding the power button) the tablet just wont boot.

I know that CWM is installed and working since I can boot into it by using a shell to write boot-recovery into nandf and then rebooting.

Not sure what I could be doing wrong?

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
I would be interested in getting this issue solved as well.

I've read from a online review that the Vi40 tends to "clog" up over time b/c of cache problems. I know that rebooting into CWM allows you to "Wipe Dalvik Cache" which does a good job clearing/cleaning up the tab's cache. Issues with oversized cache tend to occur with bad OS ports (such as ICS and the Vi40) so the reveiwer suggested doing this (I'm thinking once a week should be good).

I know that there are apps that suppossedly clean the cache but it should really be done from outside the OS in recovery mode.

Thanks,

smithmal

Edit - I've read that an app called Link2SD also allows clearing the Dalvik cache without a reboot.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Thanks Jeff.

I've now tried this multiple times, but every time, if I hold down the Back button (while holding the power button) the tablet just wont boot.

I know that CWM is installed and working since I can boot into it by using a shell to write boot-recovery into nandf and then rebooting.

Not sure what I could be doing wrong?
Try this, Hold Press the "Back Button" then Hold Press "Power Button" keeping them both hold press for 5seconds then release the "Power Button", still holding on "Back Button" until you see the "Robot Logo" then release after 1-2seconds after it appears.

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The button press sequence noted above isn't working for me either. The only way I've been able to reboot into CWM is directing the recovery and reboot commands via the terminal emulator app. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

smithmal

·
Registered
8 Posts
It works fine for me. Make sure you push firmly on the Back button as they aren't very responsive.
Hi all, I started to suspect this was linked to do with the bootloader in the firmware, as my tablet shipped with 1.0 firmeare and I installed a custom firmware (angel) 1.1 from a zip using cwm and not Livesuit.
So to followup the hunch, I just installed Ondas "official" v1,2rc firmware using Livesuit, re-installed CWM and hey presto the Back Button + Power key combination described above now works wher before it *definitely* did not.

I wonder if for those its not working and those that it is, is the common denominator the version of the firmware as flashed via Livesuit and hence potentially diff bootloaders (config in nanda ?) (not simply installed via CWM and zip distros) ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Booting using the Back Button - Power Button combination does not work for me either. This is a vi40 V3 with the custom ROM from Mike, flashed with LifeSuite.
My latest issue is, the tablet wont boot since today morning at all, just until the dancing android logo.
Is there another way to recover than reflashing again with LifeSuit?
thanks -ame

·
Registered
23 Posts
Booting using the Back Button - Power Button combination does not work for me either. This is a vi40 V3 with the custom ROM from Mike, flashed with LifeSuite.
My latest issue is, the tablet wont boot since today morning at all, just until the dancing android logo.
Is there another way to recover than reflashing again with LifeSuit?
thanks -ame
Install NovoTools (apk download in this forum) and then download recovery (also link in this forum) , then use NovoTools to flash cwm - very quick solution

1 - 20 of 24 Posts