Android Tablets Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi
I found an issue with keyboard
I installed swiftkey and everything seems to work, but the default keyboard always come back to Android default keyboard even if I set swiftkey as defaut keyboard.
Same here but with Thumb keyboard. It seems that new installed keyboard is crashing from time to time (I thinl is something with JB) and keyboard defaults apply. I cleared default keyboard app data and also thumb keyboard app data (from app manager) restarted tablet and now it seems to work correctly.

Enviado desde mi SGH-T989 usando Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've created a patch file which will create my ROM using the original stock image. The reason I have done this is because the changes are so small it is not worth me uploading another 240mb file.

The instructions are as follows
1. Download and extract this zip to the same directory as the original ROM image with the name U30GT-H_Android4.1_V1.04_20120803.img
2. Run the batch file U30GT-H_Android4.1_V1.04_CLEANED.bat
3. Flash the resultant U30GT-H_Android4.1_V1.04_CLEANED.img file using the usual RKBatchTool

This ROM
  • Adds root and Chainfire's SuperSU
  • Jelly Bean bootanimation
  • AOSP Calendar
  • Fixes the flashplayer apk (missing the .apk extension in system apps oddly enough)
  • Removes a bunch of chinese bloat and useless apps
  • Removed ringtones and all but the default notification sound
I might be wrong but the link above likes to be dead?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've created a patch file which will create my ROM using the original stock image. The reason I have done this is because the changes are so small it is not worth me uploading another 240mb file.

The instructions are as follows
1. Download and extract this zip to the same directory as the original ROM image with the name U30GT-H_Android4.1_V1.04_20120803.img
2. Run the batch file U30GT-H_Android4.1_V1.04_CLEANED.bat
3. Flash the resultant U30GT-H_Android4.1_V1.04_CLEANED.img file using the usual RKBatchTool

This ROM
  • Adds root and Chainfire's SuperSU
  • Jelly Bean bootanimation
  • AOSP Calendar
  • Fixes the flashplayer apk (missing the .apk extension in system apps oddly enough)
  • Removes a bunch of chinese bloat and useless apps
  • Removed ringtones and all but the default notification sound
Hello,

I am fairly new to this and would apreciate some help. I just bought a h version tablet and frustrated with lack of access in google play and chinese bloatware. Will this version provide full access to fcbk, twitter, etc? Also any serious bugs reported till now? I have not flashed a rom before but willing to give it a go.
Thank you.

Nick

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello,

I am fairly new to this and would apreciate some help. I just bought a h version tablet and frustrated with lack of access in google play and chinese bloatware. Will this version provide full access to fcbk, twitter, etc? Also any serious bugs reported till now? I have not flashed a rom before but willing to give it a go.
Thank you.

Nick
Nick,

The stock firmware of the Cube U30GT is causing you are not able to see a lot of apps that are available in Google Play. If you want to flash your stock ROM to this ROM (Mothatt's cleaned version) you need to follow these instructions, make sure you follow the instructions step by step. In the first page of this thread you will find the file you need download (H version). Check your Tablet is an H version by looking at the back cover you will see the serial number there, it should go something like U30GTH... Once you have downloaded the file, follow the instructions from Mothatt's here, because you will need to create a cleaned image out of the Cube's stock ROM here or from our Forum here - once you have created the Cleaned ROM you can follow the instructions for the Firmware Upgrade. I am also new to this, if you have any more questions you can PM me.

I tried several ROMs and decided this was the right one for me. By the way, once you have the cleaned ROM (Jelly Bean) you will be able to enjoy a lot of stuff and unleash the power of your Cube!

Notice the stock Firmware which uses Mothatt's ROM is Firmware v1.04. There was a new release from Cube for Firmware v1.05, which I don't know if can be cleaned as well with Mothatt's ROM. Mothatt's what is the update about this?

Markus8

21 - 30 of 30 Posts