Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've created a patch file which will create my ROM using the original stock image. The reason I have done this is because the changes are so small it is not worth me uploading another 240mb file.

The instructions are as follows
1. Download and extract this zip to the same directory as the original ROM image with the name U30GT-H_Android4.1_V1.04_20120803.img
2. Run the batch file U30GT-H_Android4.1_V1.04_CLEANED.bat
3. Flash the resultant U30GT-H_Android4.1_V1.04_CLEANED.img file using the usual RKBatchTool

This ROM
  • Adds root and Chainfire's SuperSU
  • Jelly Bean bootanimation
  • AOSP Calendar
  • Fixes the flashplayer apk (missing the .apk extension in system apps oddly enough)
  • Removes a bunch of chinese bloat and useless apps
  • Removed ringtones and all but the default notification sound

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Thanks mothatt

Jez

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I downloaded and had a look at your zip. You used binary diff to make the changes. ie, very smart & good choice. Person will still need the original firmware to apply the binary diff to.

xdelta is program that handles binary diff. ie, only firmware changes, in patch file, are applied to the original program or firmware.

Someone should still upload the original firmware to MediaFire for faster downloading. Going to be slow getting it from Cube in China.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I downloaded and had a look at your zip. You used binary diff to make the changes. ie, very smart & good choice. Person will still need the original firmware to apply the binary diff to.

xdelta is program that handles binary diff. ie, only firmware changes, in patch file, are applied to the original program or firmware.

Someone should still upload the original firmware to MediaFire for faster downloading. Going to be slow getting it from Cube in China.
Yes I had a few problems in Dnloading it, it seems that its fed from a File Sharing site so free users only get 50K speed, got about 8 drop offs in about 50% of the dnload, can resume though, but got fed up with this and ended using Net Transport that gives me 2 feeds at about 80K plus total I think about a 1 hour dnload.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi
I found an issue with keyboard
I installed swiftkey and everything seems to work, but the default keyboard always come back to Android default keyboard even if I set swiftkey as defaut keyboard.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've created a patch file which will create my ROM using the original stock image. The reason I have done this is because the changes are so small it is not worth me uploading another 240mb file.

The instructions are as follows
1. Download and extract this zip to the same directory as the original ROM image with the name U30GT-H_Android4.1_V1.04_20120803.img
2. Run the batch file U30GT-H_Android4.1_V1.04_CLEANED.bat
3. Flash the resultant U30GT-H_Android4.1_V1.04_CLEANED.img file using the usual RKBatchTool

This ROM
  • Adds root and Chainfire's SuperSU
  • Jelly Bean bootanimation
  • AOSP Calendar
  • Fixes the flashplayer apk (missing the .apk extension in system apps oddly enough)
  • Removes a bunch of chinese bloat and useless apps
  • Removed ringtones and all but the default notification sound
I've only got the img with chinese filename... Where can I find the RKBatchTool?

So. now I found an image with english filename and the RKBatchTool as well........ :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.