Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was a thread in the forums regarding the Chuwi case and it's magnetic function. According to someone it's possible to lock and wake the tablet with the use of the original (ugly) blue and green case. I answered that thread with this question, but now all of sudden I can't find it, so that's why I'm creating a new thread for some clarification.

I was wondering if anybody who owns this case first of all can confirm that this is correct, and if so, could be willing to investigate this further to find how this works? If there is a magnet in the case, please try to find it's position and polarity. If there is some other type of mechanism maybe you could inform me and others how that works.

I'm building my own Moleskin-type of case and would love to incorporate this functionality into my design.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I confirm that it's possible to wake / put in stand-by the tablet with the cover.
There is a magnet (or a couple of them) inside.
This evening I'll give you the information regarding their position .

·
Registered
73 Posts
yes everything is correct im using the tablet with the case(white color) for near a week now and it works great, wake up and sleep function works good too, still didnt had any problem with it. if you want i can make a video to show that it works

·
Registered
10 Posts
yes everything is correct im using the tablet with the case(white color) for near a week now and it works great, wake up and sleep function works good too, still didnt had any problem with it. if you want i can make a video to show that it works
If you can, do it please. Which type of case do you have?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts