Android Tablets Forum banner
21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the info Markoff, obviously the multiwindow feature is absent in this firmware then. I've had no charging issues so far. Maybe I will flash Firmware 1 just to be sure. My backside says Quad16G11308... So no "Q" inside the firmware number.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
After successfully flashing the 09/08/13 firmware and with zero problems with it, I decided to give a try for the 09/06/13 firmware.

Flashed it with RKBatchTool v1.6 (like the previous one) and everything went well until the device should have booted automatically.
Absolutely nothing happened. Screen remained black and it did not respond to power button. Seems to be bricked.

Serial no of my tablet is 16G1130801577.

·
Registered
91 Posts
about the 09 06 firmware chuwi says (google translate)

V88S2013 updated on September 6 4.2 System Firmware (This firmware is only for body serial number is V88S 16G1130800001 beginning and after the body serial number)

OMA on XDA says: Update post #12.

h) V88/V88s Stock Build Date 2013-09-08 - update 3 with kernel bob #160 preempt 06.09.2013

update 3 kernel change log
- optimized for low power charging Huaping phenomenon (LCD driver)

Do not use firmware Build Date 2013-09-07 on our boards. Kernel in that build will hard brick the device!

I hope your problem can be solved. keep us posted!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
about the 09 06 firmware chuwi says (google translate)

V88S2013 updated on September 6 4.2 System Firmware (This firmware is only for body serial number is V88S 16G1130800001 beginning and after the body serial number)

OMA on XDA says: Update post #12.

h) V88/V88s Stock Build Date 2013-09-08 - update 3 with kernel bob #160 preempt 06.09.2013

update 3 kernel change log
- optimized for low power charging Huaping phenomenon (LCD driver)

Do not use firmware Build Date 2013-09-07 on our boards. Kernel in that build will hard brick the device!

I hope your problem can be solved. keep us posted!
Thanks kolk11.

It seems that the tablet has backlight constantly on, but the screen is blank. Does not respond to power button (tried to push it for around 2mins),
so I'm waiting the battery to run out of juice and go from there to see if there is anything to be done to get it alive.

-drealock

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
It's now working again.

Waited until battery drains. First plugged power cable and then USB cable while pressing volume+. RKBatchTool showed green icon, so loaded 09/08 firmware
and pressed Restore. Flashing went as it should be and now it's alive again.

-drealock

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thank you drealock for trying, so it seems Chuwi completely messed information on their download page (or Google trasnalte gives opposite translation) and it should be flashed exactly opposite as stated on their page, GTK, luckily I didn't flashed the downloaded firmware from Sep 6th.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I flashed the 0908 firmware for my v88s which is below the #8# serial. I can say that so far it is the most snappy experience with my chuwi ever! I'm really glad I updated!
I rooted the official chuwi rom with zhuodashi which went great! I had to wait for zhuodashi to update itself to a bluish gui and click some chinese buttons I didn't understand though

·
Registered
5 Posts
After successfully flashing the 09/08/13 firmware and with zero problems with it, I decided to give a try for the 09/06/13 firmware.

Flashed it with RKBatchTool v1.6 (like the previous one) and everything went well until the device should have booted automatically.
Absolutely nothing happened. Screen remained black and it did not respond to power button. Seems to be bricked.

Serial no of my tablet is 16G1130801577.
Very simple solution to this: No need to disassemble etc. Simply disconnect all the chargers and wait till the battery end (The screen backlight will be turned off then)
Then do not connect to a charger yet, First connect the USB cable with PC and once the RKBatchTool will recognize the device, Connect the charger and then make as usual.
One more small thing: You do not need to connect the tablet to a PC. Simply rename the img file to update.img, Put it in the main folder and restart your tablet. It will tell you that the update package found and ask you to update.

·
Registered
35 Posts
One more small thing: You do not need to connect the tablet to a PC. Simply rename the img file to update.img, Put it in the main folder and restart your tablet. It will tell you that the update package found and ask you to update.
this is related to any official firmware? just need to put it in root with update.img name ? which storage, the big 14GB one or 2GB? where exactly it will say there is update, should I go to system and look for update or automatically after booting? does it works if I pushed inside CWM and rooted?

EDIT: and one more question, if it would work in this way, will I lose apps and settings or it's hassle free update this way without losing settings/apps ?

·
Registered
91 Posts
I flashed the 0908 firmware for my v88s which is below the #8# serial. I can say that so far it is the most snappy experience with my chuwi ever! I'm really glad I updated!
I rooted the official chuwi rom with zhuodashi which went great! I had to wait for zhuodashi to update itself to a bluish gui and click some chinese buttons I didn't understand though
Having the same experience here. Rooted it with OMA's rooting script.
IMO it is by far the best and fastest firmware for the v88s so far. Tried all the custom firmwares and official ones. This one is the best. No bugs so far

·
Registered
35 Posts
so if I put update.img into root of internal 14GB storage tablet will notify me that it found new update and need reboot to install it, then it got stucked in CWMR with message invalid argument unable to upload, any solution how to flash it this way? removing root would help? or only solution is flash using PC?

EDIT: never mind, just used RKbatch tool 1.7 included in firmware update, changed language to 2 in config.ini to have english and then just pressed Switch to shutdown tablet and Upgrade to update firmware, sadly during updating process all data in tablet were wiped so I can install all apps again, I wish it would be so hassle free as update of mobile wwere my data were untouched

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello. I received my V88s today. The serial is 16G11310 And it looks like it has a newer version of the firmware, since it says: Kernel 3.0.36 Oct 23 / Build 20131024.
So I guess there is no need to update the firmware, right?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Hello. I received my V88s today. The serial is 16G11310 And it looks like it has a newer version of the firmware, since it says: Kernel 3.0.36 Oct 23 / Build 20131024.
Interesting that the latest firmware update that is listed on the Chuwi site is for 9/13/13. I wonder how we can obtain this latest update.

smithmal

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have just received a V88S with this new firmware. Seems to have been some improvements as AnTuTu test gives 20175 !

21 - 40 of 57 Posts