Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
I just finished creating Release 4d (d because it took several attempts to get right... :)... ) for the Chuwi V88 Classic 1st Generation Tablet with "QUAD" in the serial number.

ex. (V88 QUAD16G2130500563)

This release is based on the Stock firmware from September of 2013. It is rooted and I scrapped the stock launcher and search in favor of the new Google Experience Launcher that comes with KitKat. It is super-cleaned :) with pretty much no bloat. I do include ES FIle explorer as it is one app that ends up on ALL of my tablets.

All of the integrated search features that come with Android 4.4 should be included, this is a 4.2.2 firmware though. I have also started using the new Kit-Kat Nexus boot animation (it looks great!) as the old JB Nexus animation was getting a bit long in the tooth.

At the time of creation I hadn't realized a November version of stock is available. I may make an R5 at some point in the future but for the time being I am just going to see how R4d goes and hopefully enjoy this device. WiFi issues and freezing have been common on my unit and I am hoping this fixes both.

Anyhow, if you are interested in getting a copy for yourself, you can download from here:

http://www.rockchipfirmware.com/node/258

Cheers!

Roman

·
Registered
2 Posts
Heyo,

Thanks so much for the Rom, I am really enjoying it. Apart from one thing - If you could help with it, I would really appreciate it, as it applies to this ROM too!

Hey Guys,

Firstly, I would like to apologise for the nature of this post. I am quite active on XDA-Dev, however this is my first post on SlateDroid *yay :D*. Anyway, the reason I am apologising is because of the way this post will come across as the usual noob who messed something up, however - I cannot find the reason for what is happening.

Anyway, I am having a strange issue on EVERY rom I install, including stock. For some reason, my Chuwi V88 will not rotate. At all. Even games do not detect the accelerometer. I am kicking myself for this now, however I did not write down the serial number of the tablet before flashing it - so I have no way of knowing what exact model it is. I do, however, belive it is Gen1 16GB 2GBRam w/ Bluetooth.

If anyone has any idea of what could be wrong, please - I would really appreciate any help.

Keep on keeping on

Z
Thanks

Z

1 - 4 of 4 Posts