Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After getting an Onda 8" V801 with the AML8726-MX processor and LCD screen, I am impressed with it's performance enough to want to get an IPS screen, 9.7" tablet with the same processor. Basically there are, for me, 3 choices, all with 1024 x 768 resolution, but other features and pricing are variable.

First, Onda V971. A 32GB model runs about $220, 16GB $200. Thing that I don't like is the 6500MAH battery, seems kind of small.

Second, Zenithink C97. Only has 8GB storage, runs about $195. Battery is even smaller at 5000MAH.

Third, Ramos W22pro. The most expensive, averages around $250 or so. Does have a nice size battery, 7200MAH.

So anyone who has one of these tablets wants to comment, or any other input, I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
819 Posts
After getting an Onda 8" V801 with the AML8726-MX processor and LCD screen, I am impressed with it's performance enough to want to get an IPS screen, 9.7" tablet with the same processor. Basically there are, for me, 3 choices, all with 1024 x 768 resolution, but other features and pricing are variable.

First, Onda V971. A 32GB model runs about $220, 16GB $200. Thing that I don't like is the 6500MAH battery, seems kind of small.

Second, Zenithink C97. Only has 8GB storage, runs about $195. Battery is even smaller at 5000MAH.

Third, Ramos W22pro. The most expensive, averages around $250 or so. Does have a nice size battery, 7200MAH.

So anyone who has one of these tablets wants to comment, or any other input, I would appreciate it.
I would recommend getting PiPO M2 (3G or non-3G version) over those you've mentioned.
PiPO has an amazing stable JellyBean 4.1.1 Firmwares which has stunning apps/games compatibility support without build.prop modification.
Build quality is also awesome... RK3066 Tablets are seems much Battery Efficient than AMLogic-M6..

You can get the 3G version for US$258.99 and non-3G version for US$224.99 (maybe cheaper on other stores).

PiPO M2 preview

·
Registered
471 Posts
I would recommend getting PiPO M2 (3G or non-3G version) over those you've mentioned.
PiPO has an amazing stable JellyBean 4.1.1 Firmwares which has stunning apps/games compatibility support without build.prop modification.
Build quality is also awesome... RK3066 Tablets are seems much Battery Efficient than AMLogic-M6..

You can get the 3G version for US$258.99 and non-3G version for US$224.99 (maybe cheaper on other stores).

PiPO M2 preview
I really don't understand why so many people think RK 3066 is so much better than Amlogic AML8726-MX . look at these benchmarks-

This is running at 1.2GHZ, as far as i understand the RK 3066 runs at 1.6GHZ. So a chip that's 33% higher speed, yet I have not seen anyone, anywhere, post benchmarks from any Rockchip tablet that match these, let alone beat it.

Of course, benchmarks aren't everything. The UI is very smooth. In nearly 3 weeks I've had this tablet, it's had no lag, no freezes, no reboots. Every app in the Playstore is compatible, including Gameloft games, with no build prop tweaks. Asphalt 7, Six Guns, any 3d games i try, install and play with no problems. Battery life is equal to what any other 8" tablet I've seen.

Also, since Amlogic released their source code, there are now custom roms with CM9 and CM10 for many Amlogic tablets. So where exactly is Rockchip better?

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You are just saying Rockchip is better with nothing to back up your statement. I specifically said benchmark numbers aren't everything, the operation of this tablet being smooth and fast, along with the benchmark results, together makes it an excellent device. If you like Rockchip better, great. If you want to convince me it's better come up with facts, not just your bias against Amlogic.

Sent from my ONDA MID using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
819 Posts
Some AMLogic-MX device does score much higher than RK3066 Device,

but if you have such experience using both platform, you'll understand why...

Android Benchmarks sometimes act weird... AMLogic device might get 10k Antutu score but in reality, it lags every now and then especially when the device is awakened from all-night long standby/sleep.

We do not just think RK3066 is better... We've experienced it... So we share it...

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
I really don't understand why so many people think RK 3066 is so much better than Amlogic AML8726-MX . look at these benchmarks-

This is running at 1.2GHZ, as far as i understand the RK 3066 runs at 1.6GHZ. So a chip that's 33% higher speed, yet I have not seen anyone, anywhere, post benchmarks from any Rockchip tablet that match these, let alone beat it.

Of course, benchmarks aren't everything. The UI is very smooth. In nearly 3 weeks I've had this tablet, it's had no lag, no freezes, no reboots. Every app in the Playstore is compatible, including Gameloft games, with no build prop tweaks. Asphalt 7, Six Guns, any 3d games i try, install and play with no problems. Battery life is equal to what any other 8" tablet I've seen.

Also, since Amlogic released their source code, there are now custom roms with CM9 and CM10 for many Amlogic tablets. So where exactly is Rockchip better?
Hi Will567,

I have always thought of the rk3066 as being superior to the mx. This was initially due to the quad core gpu in the rk versus the dual core in the mx. Early reports also said that the mx cpus ran hot. From that moment I dismissed mx based tablets.

Of course the Soc alone does not make a good tablet & there are plenty of poor rk3066 tablets around as no doubt there are mx ones. So reading your information above was something of a revelation for me. I really must check out an mx based tablet! Were you talking about the Onda v801 & if so which firmware were you running?

Thanks
Jez

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Will567,

I have always thought of the rk3066 as being superior to the mx6. This was initially due to the quad core gpu in the rk versus the dual core in the mx. Early reports also said that the mx cpus ran hot. From that moment I dismissed mx based tablets.

Of course the Soc alone does not make a good tablet & there are plenty of poor rk3066 tablets around as no doubt there are mx ones. So reading your information above was something of a revelation for me. I really must check out an mx based tablet! Were you talking about the Onda v801 & if so which firmware were you running?

Thanks
Jez

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
It's a V801 unning v1.5 firmware. There is a newer 1.5.5 firmware, which I haven't tried yet, really don't see the point. Still very satisfied with it, to the point that I am not even really looking to get a 9.7" anytime soon.

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Thanks, someone on the bay selling an 8gb one for £110 delivered from UK. Sound ok?

Jez

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Yes you are right but I was looking at getting it from a UK supplier with UK support /warranty.

On Aliexpress Fancy Team have the 16gb one for 112 usd plus 27 for DHL shipping. Works out about 87 gbp Inc express shipping! Where did you get yours? Thanks

Jez

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes you are right but I was looking at getting it from a UK supplier with UK support /warranty.

On Aliexpress Fancy Team have the 16gb one for 112 usd plus 27 for DHL shipping. Works out about 87 gbp Inc express shipping! Where did you get yours? Thanks

Jez
Got it from ipadalternative.com, got to the US in about 6 days. I guess having a UK supplier with support is probably worth a little extra.

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Ok thanks for the information.

Actually you might be able to help on another point.

Although I am well up on flashing tablets in general, having never owned an Amlogic aml8726 based tablet I do not know anything about the flashing procedure or s/w tools used. Can you point me to a good guide? Thanks

Also, I am just about to receive an Ainol Hero for review which will be the first Amlogic tablet I have ever used so it might come in handy for that too.

Thanks
Jez

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, for the Onda it was easy. Just download the firmware, unzip to an sd card, put the card into the tablet, and from being turned off, press power & home buttons until you saw the green android. Now for the newer firmware versions there is a flashing tool using a pc. In the thread on slatedroid for Onda tablets there's a whole discussion of flashing with the new tool, most get it to work, but as always some people have problems.

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Thanks for the information Will

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Ok so the quad core Mali in the Rockchip tablets should be superior to the dual core one in the Amlogic ones. So has anyone here seen a RK3066 tablet that gets an Antutu score in the 9000s or Quadrant in the 5000s? No me neither. I think the Amlogic Mali is clocked at a higher speed than the Rockchip one and also in the real world there are probably few apps that will make use of all 4 cores in the Rockchip gpu.
Antutu & Quadrant can be manipulated and are not reliable in testing actual GPU performance. For instance, changing buffers in the firmware can drastically improve I/O & database scores giving very high total scores. Pretty sure that is where they would differ the most. Total score does not tell me where the "big" differences are between 8726-MX & RK3066. I would need to compare individual scores side-by-side. Also, the GPU tests in these two benchmarks are very "basic" 2D & 3D tests which could result in very similar test scores between 8726-MX & RK3066. ie. just like NenaMark1 where both chips will score roughly the same. NenaMark2 is a "little" more intense and will show some difference between them.

The only really good and reliable benchmarks for GPU are: GLBenchmark & Taiji 2.0. I will focus on Taiji 2.0 scores.

Here is list of Taiji 2.0 scores for tablets:
http://results.rightware.com/site/search_results?utf8=%E2%9C%93&filter%5Bbenchmark%5D=11&filter%5Bcategory%5D=2&filter%5Bscreensize%5D=&commit=&filter%5Bbrand%5D=&filter%5Bos%5D=&filter%5Bcpu%5D=&filter%5Bgpu%5D=

Notice how Ainol Fire (1280x752) gets avg score of 16. Compare that to N101 (1280x752) with avg score of 32. See how N101 has double the score? Nexus 7 (1280x768) gets 19.

Interesting enough is U30GT scores. U30GT-H & U30GT - 30, U30GT-W - 21. The U30GT-W was using an older revision of the RK3066 that was changed out with newer U30GT tablets.

For 1024x600 tablets: Novo7 Aurora II (8726-MX) gets 19 versus U30GT-M (mini; RK3066) with 37 vs Hyundai Hold X (RK3066) with 44. Novo7 Elf (w/A10 chip) gets 10. ie. RK3066 is double the avg score of 8726-MX. 8726-MX is double the avg score of AllWinner A10. Roughly speaking.

Taiji scores depend on the ARM chip, resolution plus any optimization of the firmware. Taiji 2.0 provides a much more "intense" 3D benchmark. GLBenchmark also does a very intense 3D bench too. I would trust those for GPU testing over Antutu or Quadrant scores.

PS, GLBenchmark does not provide a total score to compare with. Instead you have to pick the individual test scores and compare those.

Edit: moved Novo7 Elf to 1024x600 category
Edit2: added some info & fixed some wording

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi I'm new to the forum and I would like to help me

my problem is this I have a brand tablet nobis
model nb09

with the following characteristics
Memory Size 8GB
( Not all May be available for storage. )
MicroSDHC Expansion Memory Expansion Slot to 32GB exFAT supported
1.5GHz Cortex A9 Processor
Open GL GPU ; 3D Acceleration
VPU : 2160p Decoding
1G DDR3 RAM
Communications Protocols WiFi (802.11 b / g / n)
1x High Fidelity Speaker 8Ω1W on rear
Standard 3.5mm Headphone Socket
PC Connection 1x Standard Micro USB Slot
0.3MP Front Facing Camera
Microphone Yes , built in for Voice Rec
Language Support Arabic , Bulgarian, Czech , Danish , German, Greek , Inglés , Spanish, Finnish , French , Hebrew , Hindi , Croatian, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian , Japanese , Korean , Lithuanian, Latvian , Norwegian , Dutch, Polish , Portuguese, Romanian , Slovak , Serbian , Swedish , Thai, Tagalog, Turkish , Ukranian , Vietnamese , Chinese
Multi Touch Screen Operation Method
Weight 10.5 oz .
Dimensions 9.375 "x 5.875 " x 0.475 "
DISPLAY
Size 9 -Inch Screen
Screen Resolution 800x480
Touchscreen 5 Point Multi -Touch Capacitive
16:9 Widescreen Aspect
POWER
Battery Life 6 hours continous usage * / 5 days standby
* Based on optimal conditions , current usage time may vary .
Charging Method or USB Power Adapter (Computer USB or AC Adapter)
SOFTWARE
Android 4.1 Operating System

the problem is that one day not only by the sono androin 'll take the logo nobis

with tutotial can connect to the pc and so amlogic detected , the program for those tablet try installing the rom that read the tutorial.

all well but the top 65 percent gave an error and had to restart manually talbet now loading screen reaches nobis and recovery .

and try the reset from recovery and does nothing returns to the recovery screen .

I tried to reinstall another rom through SD or ADB mode and sideload no message addressed pasasale installation.

in another PC was detected as M3-CHIP

but to uncover and see the type of processor has a Amlogic AML8726MXS

someone could help me with a rom for this brand (Nobis) or a rom that is compatible.

or as a method and delete all the android reinstlar from scratch.

Thanks in advance for your response and apologies if not applicable in this part my comments.

thanks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts