Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea I actually took some time making it so I dont miss anything. I believe its better than all the other review on youtube so Im proud.Also You can upload the wiki if you have anything useful to say about the tablet/features of itthanks

·
Registered
576 Posts
dude WTF are all those white vertical lines in your videos? Are they screen artifacts from the camera lights?But beyond that, yeah, you're video seems like the most accurate so far... not wonderful for augen, but entirely horrendous either...My personal biggest beef so far sw-wise would be the lack of audio controls in many video circumstances... seems like Android is just not quite ready for primetime yet as the OS APIs should lready handle all of that drudgery...hw-wise well beyond their fantasizing about being 800MHz and actually having the "g sensor" the gayness of an entirely obscure connecture like the 2.5mm headphone jack... not to mention crappy hw button placement(although I give slack on this as a good tablet OS SHOULDN'T NEED hw buttons period... oh well.. work in progress...)Still just waiting for a reasonable western company to take this and run with good OS support rather than shilling ODM products with nearly zero sw support...

·
Premium Member
2,429 Posts
My personal biggest beef so far sw-wise would be the lack of audio controls in many video circumstances.
My M003 has Vol up and down icons where the E and R icons are the Gentouch. Most of this stuff is an easy fix. Like the button placement if they had a menu and back icon (Like the have in the manual see page 15. Those are the icons I want(Same as M003)

·
Registered
120 Posts
cutterjohn;25304 said:
dude WTF are all those white vertical lines in your videos? Are they screen artifacts from the camera lights?...
Looks like a bad case of vertical blinditis to me.Good review, thanks for sharing Obiwan22. Still pretty much sold on getting the Novel though, unless Augen can make a nice recovery with software support. Even then, the mic jack, button placement and odd SD slot are definite turnoffs.

·
Premium Member
2,429 Posts
I'm not sure if I 'm keeping this one. Hopefull the patch and maybe some custom firmware will make it good enough to keep. The way this Tablet stuff is changing 3 months is a long time.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
[quote name='obiwan22;25770]check the wiki' date=' I already mentioned the pc [URL=problem:storage]problem:storage[/URL] shoes up but it says I need the drivers so access denied[/QUOTE'] I was asking because I saw it in the wiki and wanted more details. I'm actually trying to help, despite not owning the device. So what exactly shows up? An actual drive in "My Computer"?

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
mogrith;25368 said:
I'm not sure if I 'm keeping this one. Hopefull the patch and maybe some custom firmware will make it good enough to keep. The way this Tablet stuff is changing 3 months is a long time.
I'll be quoting this a lot...

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
I don't have any issues connecting the device to my PC, but I'm using Ubuntu Lucid. I'm wondering if someone could open up a new thread on this issue, if it's happening to a lot of you. I can pass on any information that might be of assistance.Once I connect the USB cable (and I'm using my own USB cable btw, not theirs), I have to go into the notification area and mount it from there. Once I do that, I can see the internal / SD storage on my PC and ADB works.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.