Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The sony reader case that skarocker650 mentioned is on sale at Best Buy for 12.99 Not sure if the sale ends tonight but it fits perfectly. It does cover the buttons though, but it works well with any program that you dont need to access the buttons frequently.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
294 Posts
y0chang;32955][URL=http://www.caselogic.com/sony_touch_edition_reader_case/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=150451&productid=10019249]Case Logic Sony® Touch Edition Reader Case > PDA > Case Logic[/URL] is the case. The case has a pocket that you have to remove and leaves a residue. Not sure if they changed the sale today said:
http://www.slatedroid.com/pandigital-novel-android-tablet-discussion/2261-case-pandigital-novel-6.html[/url]
Got one last night. $12.99. very well built and sturdy. Pulled out the inner tray and as mentioned before, a perfect fit. Yes the elastic covers the buttons but both can still be used by just pressing through the elastic. For 14 bucks (includes tax) you couldn't beat this case with a big stick :) Nice find skarocker650 and y0chang.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Not a bad case for the price. If you just want it for transport you can just lay the unit on top of the bands & lift it out to use it, as the pwr switch is covered in such a way that you can't get to it. I also find that the top vol. button is pressed by the strap. Too bad it isn't a bit bigger to accommodate a gel/silicone cover that they have at at least one BB&B for $15. Looks like the price is back up at BB anyway. Would probably look elsewhere if I hadn't already got some.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I wonder how badly--if at all--the straps would be compromised if you opened up a couple of holes where you need them with a fabric/paper punch-type tool? It does look like a nice, soft ride for the PDN, tho; good find either way.

·
Registered
361 Posts
You would still have to lift the unit to get to the pwr switch. Actually, you can pretty much leave off the top left strap & use it that way. Not going to jump out of the case. The vol buttons can be operated by pressing on the side of the cover pretty well. Feels pretty secure that way in either LS or PORT. Also, using headphones may put too much stress on either the PDN or the headphone jack, so that may not be advised.Cheers,kev

·
Registered
50 Posts
I sent a note to PD Customer Support and received the following response:Hi Ed, Right now we do not have a exact ETA on the release of these cases. We are hoping to start selling them in a couple of weeks. Please check back to our web site at Pandigital » Home every week or so as they could be available soon. Thank you Date: August 8, 2010 5:52:25 PM PDT To: <[email protected]> Subject: Model Number: COVPLE7BL7 Is there a planned release date for the Portfolio Case referenced above? I really would like to have this case to protect my Pandigital Novel. Thanks for any information you can provide. -- Ed

·
Registered
104 Posts
FYI for people who like this caseI went onto ebay... PRSAZC6 as a search. Just got two for $11 each shipped to my door. Seems like there are some some more on ebay for $12-$13 shipped.better than spending 24.99

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.