Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to have a charging problem, all of a sudden, with my PDSN. I was wondering if anyone else has heard or seen this problem.
Out of the blue, the power adapter charging cable does NOT charge the device. However, if I plug in a USB charger, that seems to charge the device. If I have the USB connected to my computer, that also seems to charge the device. It's been working this way for about a week or so, but now it doesn't seem to be charging at all, at least not while power is on.

If anyone else has seen this, or knows how to fix it so the power adapter charges it again, PLEASE, let me know.

Thanks.

Jammer

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I seem to have a charging problem, all of a sudden, with my PDSN. I was wondering if anyone else has heard or seen this problem.
Out of the blue, the power adapter charging cable does NOT charge the device. However, if I plug in a USB charger, that seems to charge the device. If I have the USB connected to my computer, that also seems to charge the device. It's been working this way for about a week or so, but now it doesn't seem to be charging at all, at least not while power is on.

If anyone else has seen this, or knows how to fix it so the power adapter charges it again, PLEASE, let me know.

Thanks.

Jammer
The Supernova only charges off of USB when the power is off, or the tablet is in sleep mode. As far as the power adapter do you have anything you can test the output with?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Supernova only charges off of USB when the power is off, or the tablet is in sleep mode. As far as the power adapter do you have anything you can test the output with?
Sorry, but I don't have anything to test output with.

Now, it seems to take longer and longer to actually charge, and it never charges completely.

Jammer

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a similar problem. However, it resulted from the receptacle on the PDSN. It appears that the center pole does not make good contact with the plug. My temporary fix until I can replace the power receptacle is to move the power cable while plugged until power indicator turns on; I place small spring clamp over the cable and the bottom of the tablet -- Always making sure that no excessive pressure is placed on the tablet and keep away from display.

this is a quick temporary fix. the spring clamps have hinged tips to maintain flat surface so that pressure is just between the two tips.

Roy

Opened case and found jack cracked as well as solder joint not connected. Appears that this is weak link. Probably broken when tablet bumped (what can I say-maybe gorilla forced plug on? LOL)
either way, I will try to replace receptacle asap. the solder joint appeared to be of the "cold solder" family. can be easily fixed by reheating joint. Otherwise, USB connection with PDSN turned off.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had a similar problem. However, it resulted from the receptacle on the PDSN. It appears that the center pole does not make good contact with the plug. My temporary fix until I can replace the power receptacle is to move the power cable while plugged until power indicator turns on; I place small spring clamp over the cable and the bottom of the tablet -- Always making sure that no excessive pressure is placed on the tablet and keep away from display.

this is a quick temporary fix. the spring clamps have hinged tips to maintain flat surface so that pressure is just between the two tips.

Roy

Opened case and found jack cracked as well as solder joint not connected. Appears that this is weak link. Probably broken when tablet bumped (what can I say-maybe gorilla forced plug on? LOL)
either way, I will try to replace receptacle asap. the solder joint appeared to be of the "cold solder" family. can be easily fixed by reheating joint. Otherwise, USB connection with PDSN turned off.
mine, NOW, seems to be allowing the power adapter to SOMEWHAT charge the tablet, but ONLY when connected in conjunction with the USB connected. The USB, NOW, will SOMETIMES charge while I'm using it, but not all the time, and if I wiggle the connector, it seems to go in and out for charging, whether it's on or not.

This is beginning to concern me, so, naturally, I tried contacting Pandigital. Guess what? I have NOT received any response, and it's been about a week now. Not looking very promising.

Jammer

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
mine, NOW, seems to be allowing the power adapter to SOMEWHAT charge the tablet, but ONLY when connected in conjunction with the USB connected. The USB, NOW, will SOMETIMES charge while I'm using it, but not all the time, and if I wiggle the connector, it seems to go in and out for charging, whether it's on or not.

This is beginning to concern me, so, naturally, I tried contacting Pandigital. Guess what? I have NOT received any response, and it's been about a week now. Not looking very promising.

Jammer
The tablet will not charge while you are using it through the USB. It will only charge that way when the tablet is off, or in sleep mode.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The tablet will not charge while you are using it through the USB. It will only charge that way when the tablet is off, or in sleep mode.
I don't mean to question you, but as I am watching this tablet say it's charging, and watch the numbers increase as I am using it, I would have to disagree with you. Of course, this ONLY happens when I have BOTH USB AND power adapter plugged in.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I don't mean to question you, but as I am watching this tablet say it's charging, and watch the numbers increase as I am using it, I would have to disagree with you. Of course, this ONLY happens when I have BOTH USB AND power adapter plugged in.
You can question me all you want. it is how the tablet is designed. It even says so in the literature. At best it is getting a charge reading from the adapter being plugged in and not working correctly. But the charge isn't coming from the USB if you are using the tablet. Proof? Unplug the power adapter.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You can question me all you want. it is how the tablet is designed. It even says so in the literature. At best it is getting a charge reading from the adapter being plugged in and not working correctly. But the charge isn't coming from the USB if you are using the tablet. Proof? Unplug the power adapter.
I understand that the tablet was not designed to work this way. However, when it will not charge with ONLY the power adapter plugged in, then something in the hardware is not working the way it should.
This is why I posted here, to see if anyone else had experienced this odd behavior besides me.

Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts