Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my rockchip apad for a little more than a week. I have been running RB5.1 without any issues. Upon running the battery down to almost nil last night I plugged in my wallcharger. I was greeted with an absence of the charging light and also the battery icon stayed in the orange.Nothing adverse happened to the apad during the day, there were no shocks or drops. I decided it might be something funny with RB5.1 so I flashed to RB6 beta, but this did not cure the problem. Does anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Check the charger connector, if you read through the forums here you will find many people have had the connector fall apart/come loose. Failing that look for an alternate charger for it (5v 2a), the connector needs to be 0.75mm size, that's a little bigger than the standard Nokia plug.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your response. The connector size was a good piece of information. Unfortunately have had several problems navigating the site including search constantly giving internal server errors. Thank you so much for jumping to the conclusion that i didn't even try that.

·
Registered
11 Posts
[quote name='Steep;18480]Check the charger connector' date=' if you read through the forums here you will find many people have had the connector fall apart/come loose.[/QUOTE']Well, I'm glad it wasn't just me. Mine came loose after about a week. Merimobiles say they mailed it out Monday but I'm not sure if that was from Montreal or China.

·
Registered
251 Posts
zibrah3ed;18525 said:
Thank you so much for jumping to the conclusion that i didn't even try that.
It didn't cross my mind that you would not have checked other posts, I was simply pointing out that your problem was not uncommon and that the most likely cause was the connector. You asked for suggestions and I gave you my best one but I won't try to help you again, so you can rest easy in the knowledge that if there are any conclusions to be jumped to it won't be me doing it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I had all sorts of chargin issues with the stock charger, and by the on week of ownership mark, my aPad wouldn't charge at all. I was terrified that it was an issue with the aPad itself and that I was going to have to send it back to China for a replacement, but a trip into Radio Shack (and a $36 purchase later) I have a new charger that works WORLDS better than what came with my aPad. With the stock charger, I had to jiggle it around in the jack and it had to be sitting JUST right for the red LED charging light to stay on. With my new charger, that's not an issue at all...I plug it in, and the LED comes on and STAYS on, whether I'm handling the aPad during charging or not.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Do somebody have a link where they have the right power plug for this device ?the smallest nokia plugs that i can find are 2 and 2,5 mm. nothing what was 0,75mm.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I don't know where you live but if you have a Maplins or Circuit City near you (Any electronic components type store) you can buy .75mm dc plugs there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts