Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking into changing the startup animation. I found out how, but i think i am missing something....Here is what you do:In the android_fs.tgz under /system/framwork you will find framework-res.apkThis has all the PNGs for the operation of the slate. Open framework-res.apk with 7zip. Under /assets/images/ you will find the 2 PNGs for the startup animation.android-logo-mask.pngandroid-logo-shine.pngNow i edited the mask to something different, overwrote the original android-logo-mask.png and tried to sign the APK. Then loaded it to the eken, tried to install it, and it said this can not be installed.So then i injected the framework-res.apk in to the android_fs.tgz and re-flashed the eken. When it booted up the animation was not viable, but it did boot to the desktop.So i dont know if i might not be signing the APK right, or this just wont work ever.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.