Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to work with changing the droid pic that comes up when it boots from power off. Does anyone have the specs on what exactly the EKEN M001 pic must be like? Certain dimensions/file size/formats?And if there's a thread already existing on this, please let me know. I know that the Darexius android.bmp file works fine, and it's 24 bit RGB at 72 dpi, and ECOTOX used the same one.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I am able to use a custom picture in my M001 for the boot logo, the picture file must be a 24 Bits Uncompressed BMP of 238 pixels wide and 228 pixels height and file size must be exactly 163.304 bytes.here you have the picture i am using.

·
Registered
27 Posts
[quote name='Namek;12212]I am able to use a custom picture in my M001 for the boot logo' date=' the picture file must be a 24 Bits Uncompressed BMP of 238 pixels wide and 228 pixels height and file size must be exactly 163.304 bytes.here you have the picture i am using.[/QUOTE'] I don't think it must be a 24 bits BMP, because I use an 8 bit and it is OK also.The main concern, I believe is BMP FILESIZE, because it must be fit in the NAND area. If we refer to this line "setenv logocmd 'nand read 3c00000 600000 30000;logo show;run text1;run text2;run text3'" (taken from the scriptcmd), then the BMP filesize should NOT be more than 0x30000 which is 196,608 bytes ...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now for another stupid question - I thought I knew where the boot pic was stored, but I was wrong. Is there a list somewhere on this board where the important things in the filesystem are placed? (Wallpapers, the boot screen, various other important files that might need tweaking occasionally...)Searches online seem to point to different places for the boot screen, depending on your hardware, which means that the manufacturer moved them where they wanted them to be.

·
Registered
27 Posts
[quote name='Kinsfire;12755]Now for another stupid question - I thought I knew where the boot pic was stored' date=' but I was wrong. Is there a list somewhere on this board where the important things in the filesystem are placed? (Wallpapers, the boot screen, various other important files that might need tweaking occasionally...)Searches online seem to point to different places for the boot screen, depending on your hardware, which means that the manufacturer moved them where they wanted them to be.[/QUOTE'] Boot image is not store in the filesystem. It is stored in the specific address of the NAND (depend on the logocmd and some other system environment). Wallpapers and other related to ANDROID system file is stored in the filesystem. You can explore it through the Terminal or Root enabled explorer. In my device, wallpaper is changeable through the GUI (from HOME screen, press Menu) without tweaking ...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[quote name='rizapn;12828]Wallpapers and other related to ANDROID system file is stored in the filesystem. You can explore it through the Terminal or Root enabled explorer. In my device' date=' wallpaper is changeable through the GUI (from HOME screen, press Menu) without tweaking ...[/QUOTE'] I'm just trying to figure out WHERE. I've looked in all the logical places where the pics could be stored, so now I'm wondering if anyone knows where they're stored.(I was hoping to be able to change the boot screen without reflashing the device, but it seems as if it's no such luck.)

·
Registered
27 Posts
[quote name='Kinsfire;12943]I'm just trying to figure out WHERE. I've looked in all the logical places where the pics could be stored' date=' so now I'm wondering if anyone knows where they're stored.(I was hoping to be able to change the boot screen without reflashing the device, but it seems as if it's no such luck.)[/QUOTE']If you want to change the boot image, you have to change some data in the NAND (I prefer to use scriptcmd). You DO NOT need to reflash the whole NAND. Modify your last working scriptcmd, delete all unneeded command, put only the logo / image parts, such as : fatload from image file, and NAND write to the logo address. Be carefull with the filesize (should not be greather than 0x30000 = ~190KB).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
[quote name='rizapn;13059]If you want to change the boot image' date=' you have to change some data in the NAND (I prefer to use scriptcmd). You DO NOT need to reflash the whole NAND. Modify your last working scriptcmd, delete all unneeded command, put only the logo / image parts, such as : fatload from image file, and NAND write to the logo address. Be carefull with the filesize (should not be greather than 0x30000 = ~190KB).[/QUOTE'] I've got the files at the size they need to be. Is there a way to make the system understand 'fatload' as a command when type in manually as root (well, technically SuperUser by typing 'su', but it's doing all the root stuff *grin*)? I peeled out the lines that did the fatload and the NAND write, and typing them in via CLI gets me errors.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay, I must be doing something seriously wrong. My Google-fu is failing me. I am attempting to see how to apply the commands in scriptcmd and coming up empty. If I attempt to type them in from a CLI prompt, it tells me that it does not understand the commands.As I see it, the two that I absolutely need are the fatload mmc 0 0 <filename> and nand write 0 19300000 $(filesize), but neither one can be typed in from the command line.Help?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.