Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
My Spanish is non-existent so could you open this up a bit? He managed to install Galaxy Tab firmware to a C91 (or vice versa)?
This is pretty much the gist of it...

An android firmware 4.0.3 with all my improvements.

Is adapted to see all big and high resolution.

The firmware is adapted for the system to think and act like a tab galaxy, this implies a radical change in the whole system is like having a galaxy tab but with C91 hardware.

There is no firmware from Samsung, an official firmware is edited by me for this purpose, apart from what I have mentioned change, youtube, browser, well, almost everything in general.

The market and the whole android system recognizes you as a Galaxy Tab 10.

We adopted the resolution to remove the task bar and adapted to the applications before you went out in a small little screen like let's play golf now see full screen.

It is a radical change in the user interface, similar to 2.3.4.

The videos are full screen, like youtube changes all the players, enabled sound codecs, and more.

·
Zenithink Tablet User / Information Transmitter
6,629 Posts
Looks like jositochanante's uploaded the ROM now...
(Link to his ROM thread in his forum in first post.)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Looks like jositochanante's uploaded the ROM now...
(Link to his ROM thread in his forum in first post.)
I tried it and not bad.

I changed the density in build file from 240 to 180 and the menus and icons already are OK (aren't too big icons)
The 160 density isn't OK, because don't work full screen the games and videos.
I 'll test more things.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I tried it and not bad.

I changed the density in build file from 240 to 180 and the menus and icons already are OK (aren't too big icons)
I 'll test more things.
Can you test flash player?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I tried it and not bad.

I 'll test more things.
I have been tempted to test this, can you confirm

Was it in Spanish on startup and did you need to find the settings option to change to English ?
Which launcher did you choose to use the Go or the VT ?
Did you replace the build.prop with the Galaxy one from the Extras download ?

Thanks for any help with this ....

·
Registered
6 Posts
I cant find the link for the update files on the post. can anyone repost link or point me in the right direction? Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
I cant find the link for the update files on the post. can anyone repost link or point me in the right direction? Thanks
There is a link above in this tread post #6 (Skydrive)

However I am monitoring the external site and a new version is currently under construction
that will use the 20120206 release in place of the 20120117 version so you may wish
to hang fire for a day or two.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have been tempted to test this, can you confirm

Was it in Spanish on startup and did you need to find the settings option to change to English ?
Which launcher did you choose to use the Go or the VT ?
Did you replace the build.prop with the Galaxy one from the Extras download ?

Thanks for any help with this ....
Of course you need change first to your language.
I tried both launcher, maybe VT is the better for me.
Just the density is the difference between the 2 build. "160" is the normal, and "240" is the Galaxy.
The normal doesn't work full screen games and videos. The galaxy hasn't soft buttons and popup menu (tap on the time)
Unfortunately flash doesn't work.

regards

·
Registered
113 Posts
And now some instructions on which files to download, and if there's anything special to remember!

EDIT: Nevermind, I downloaded everything and will install it soon ;-) Familiar zt-update folder is there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i am dazed and confused about all of this....was it released or not???? can someone post a actual link!

1 - 20 of 73 Posts