Android Tablets Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
So far everything is working great, other than Six Guns says that it isn't compatible with my device, but I thank you very much for fixing my wifi, it had stopped working on the official fw.

·
Registered
2 Posts
After installing your custom ROM, I have a few issues.

1-Wireless does not work, checked all the settings, even rolled it back to fallback firmware to test the wireless, and it works fine on the fallback....
2-Still have all the crapware, GetJar, etc...

Followed your instructions to the letter (I think), so I am not sure what is going on with this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
After installing your custom ROM, I have a few issues.

1-Wireless does not work, checked all the settings, even rolled it back to fallback firmware to test the wireless, and it works fine on the fallback....
2-Still have all the crapware, GetJar, etc...

Followed your instructions to the letter (I think), so I am not sure what is going on with this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
There is no reason wifi shouldn't work. This firmware is the based off the rollback firmware, so essentially you are just reinstalling the same firmware without the mods and tweaks. This is the only report of wifi not working so I cn;t say for sure other than before flashing make sure you do all the data wipes.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·

·
Registered
4 Posts
So a question: I actually found this forum through a search engine, and the thread was the Beta 0.1 ROM. So I downloaded that and installed it. It's working perfectly. Is it worth reflashing with 2.0?
I've been running version 0.1 for about a year on my Supernova. Just flashed to 2.0 this weekend. In my opinion, it was worth the upgrade. The stock visuals look much cleaner and in my opinion, the device is a little more responsive. Wifi also works better. My flash went smoothly, and the root with Gingerbreak went smoothly. I didn't bother with Netflix; I don't have an account with them. I did have to download google apps apks and install them starting with framework to get things to work. The only issue I have left is that I am stuck with an older version of Android Market that won't update to the Play Store. Not a big deal, but some apps that previously showed as installable don't show.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a new tablet (Dell Venue 7) and was cleaning up the old girl to hand down to my son. I flashed it back to stock and then flashed it to UberNova 2.0. I also installed the market AKA Play Store from the link in your first post. Your instructions were excellent and the flash went flawlessly. jeffS78 complained about crapware like GetJar still being included. I installed ROM Toolbox Lite from the Play Store and removed GetJar, Cool Reader, Amazon, and a couple of other apps. I did have one problem, I kept getting an error message
Code:
#SU Binary Outdated
and updating failed. I installed Superuser by clockworkmod from the Play Store and that problem is solved.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've been getting that alert as well on stock rooted Amazon firmware. Someone had posted a way to update su and eliminate that but if Superuser fixes it that would be great.

Scott

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
It's probably because the one I used in the ROM is so outdated. I still troll ########### trying to catch a deal on the Supernova to try and do v3.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts