1,667 Posts
V2 Rabid ROM

Main features:
- Based on last official 0709 firmware.
- Deodexed
- Zip aligned
- Using omarahum's 1GHz 2GB data partition kernel
- Left most pre-installed apps.
- Added ES Task and File Manager, ES Security, Cool Reader, WiFi Buddy. After testing memory tweaks I added the new game Six Guns.
- More Wifi tweaks for better speed and stability.
- Build.prop edits for performance, ram consumption (650 - 685 free, after ES Task killer, varies).
- Kept default wallpaper from V1
- Duplicated libraries deleted.
- New boot animation. "8 Bit Arcade"credit to scar45 on XDA /scarfortyfive on YouTube
- Fixed error that forced you to manually restart after flashing.

DOWNLOAD

Notes:

I thought I had the 1.8 Netflix working but now it will run for exactly 3 minutes then stop. Perfectly, but only 3 minutes. I can go back and reload it or another movie, same thing. I commented in another thread about not seeing other Amlogic chips running netflix but my JXD s5110 runs it perfect.
The only thing this ROM really need is to have the default.prop edited in the ZT280.kernel to read ro.secure=0 instead of ro.secure=1. I have tried all the tools I have with no luck unpacking it. I can't hex edit for crap. :nea:Without that the default.prop will replace itself if you edit it in a browser or push it.

Reactions: zenkiller

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
reserved

·
Registered
29 Posts
hey kairnage-

i'm excited to try this rom in my e8-1n this weekend. i had screwed around with the tornado rom but there's too many bugs/foreign language obstacles for me to want to mess with anymore.

will i still need to install the market script after flashing this?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have tested your ROM for about a week now and I like it a lot.
Can you make it a little more lightweight by removing some app? Like Google+, Google Talk, Google Maps
For now I have removed this apps with Titanium Backup, but it would be nice to have a more cleaner ROM for this underpowered Tablet

·
Zenithink Tablet User / Information Transmitter
6,629 Posts
I have tested your ROM for about a week now and I like it a lot.
Can you make it a little more lightweight by removing some app? Like Google+, Google Talk, Google Maps
For now I have removed this apps with Titanium Backup, but it would be nice to have a more cleaner ROM for this underpowered Tablet
If the only change you want is to have some apps to not be installed, you could remove the system apps yourself using 7zip (while the system.zt280.tar.bz is still compressed, do not untar it) by deleting the apps you don't want installed from the app folder...

Note: Some Google apps are needed for the PlayStore to work correctly.... I could be mistaken, but I think you need Google Talk installed....

·
Registered
9 Posts
If the only change you want is to have some apps to not be installed, you could remove the system apps yourself using 7zip (while the system.zt280.tar.bz is still compressed, do not untar it) by deleting the apps you don't want installed from the app folder...

Note: Some Google apps are needed for the PlayStore to work correctly.... I could be mistaken, but I think you need Google Talk installed....
Thank you, I didn't know about the 7zip trick
p.s.: I have successfully downloaded an app from the Play Store after I removed Google Talk, but just in case I did a backup for every app I deleted from the tablet to be on the save side

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1 - 8 of 8 Posts