Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
the only one that I've found is ACV. Android Comic Viewer. It's not bad. FREE so that's good.comic reader mobi was supposed to have one but they pulled it off the site.ACV let's you download from the market but I just drag and drop CBZs from ComicRack onto my SD card.To be honest I haven't used it as much as I had hoped. I read a lot of comics on my laptop which I've gotten used to and haven't made the adjustment to the PDN.Plus I keep flashing it and hacking around with it so it's never 'ready to go'

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
I use ACV fairly heavily - it works fine for my needs. The only issue I can think of is that the 7 inch screen is just a tad too small for comics (imo) - this is where a 10 inch device would really shine.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Gotten into reading comics on my PDN heavily using ACV, absolutely love it for this. FYI for those who don't know I was surprised to find that cbr/cbz are just rar/zip files renamed. Got so into it I wrote a small windows app that I use on the flash based comic sites that you configure and it automatically pages through the comic on the pc capturing each page(or double pages your choice) and building a cbz file from the whole thing. once you've configured it for a site(which takes a few minutes) it can capture and package a comic in under a minute.Great sites for free flash comics are Marvel.com and comixology.com don't really like reading on my PC so I grab them and download to my PDN.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Someone PM'd me and asked if I could upload the app. Here it is, it's rough but it does the job at least it does for me.So give it a shot and let me know what you think. Simple instructions.1) Know The dimensions the comic is when displayed(I use fullscreen on the flash apps)2) Enter the width and the height of the comic in the app. It assumes it's centered. Not always perfect on marvel.com, but usually close enough to make it enjoyable to read. Defaluts are for comixology on my 1920X1200 display.3) The Delay is the length needed between page flips to have the entire page visible for the capture.4) the Key is the Keystroke to flip to next page.5) Split determines whether to split each capture into 2 pages or leave as a double page(your preference).6) Flips is how many flips you need to capture the whole comic.7) click go you then have 10 seconds to put the comic app in the foreground on page 1(I usually put it in full screen).8) The app should start flipping pages taking screen shots and when done flipping will save images to folder in c:/captures(you may want to create this first)/Title and it will package that to a zip file you can then rename to cbz if you want.hope you enjoy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.