Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
Maybe they heard my ranting...Are we the #1 PDN site on the net yet?

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
How is it that you have rep and I have no rep? Where's the justice in that?

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
BANNED!!!!!!!!!!!... Ok... Warning.I have so much rep, it's come back around to ZERO. I'm lapping you chumps...

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think they were asking $40 for the cases as of a couple of days ago - would be about 1/3rd of the cost of the unit (if bought at BBY with the 20% discount). I can't find the URL to the price page (hopefully, they took it down to lower the price).

·
Registered
425 Posts
$39 plus $9 shipping - $48 total. Given that the unit only cost me $105 at Kohl's (after discounts and Kohl's cash) that's way too much for a case.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I talked to Pandigital a couple of times today and one of the questions to them was... When are the gel skins coming out and how much are they? I was told that ordering should start in a week or two and they (engineering) didnt know how much they would cost. I hope they are priced right so we can keep these things in good condition.

·
Registered
246 Posts
NASAtim;21312 said:
I talked to Pandigital a couple of times today and one of the questions to them was... When are the gel skins coming out and how much are they? I was told that ordering should start in a week or two and they (engineering) didnt know how much they would cost. I hope they are priced right so we can keep these things in good condition.
They have prices now listed for the gelskins. $24.99.... No pricing for the cases..

·
Registered
171 Posts
Official cases for the Kindle, Nook, Sony, and Kobe readers are all priced accordingly. This is standard pricing. If there is enough interest and enough profit to be made, someone in China will make a knockoff of those cases and start selling them for a whole lot less on fleabay, meritline, monoprice, dealextreme, etc. But there needs to be enough of the Novels sold to make it worth their time to do a production run. The first knockoff cases will most likely just be "shadow runs" at the same plant in China that is making the official cases. We'll see how long it takes for those to be produced. Until then, your only choices are to make do with cases not designed for the Novel that don't fit well and don't provide really good protection while it's actually in use, or pay the money for the official cases. Considering that my toddler has now dropped my Novel 3-4 times onto a tile floor while watching movies on it while we're on vacation, I'll be shelling out the ducats for one of the faux leather cases as soon as they are available. They're still a lot cheaper than buying a new Novel...

·
Registered
1 Posts
cpg716;21398 said:
They have prices now listed for the gelskins. $24.99.... No pricing for the cases..
Just looked at the gel skins on Pandigital website and when I clicked details, the 24.99 was crossed out with a 19.99 new price. Added one to a cart and the 19.99 showed up along with 9.99 shipping. Removed it cause my Walmart 14.99 case is working very well.

·
Registered
361 Posts
They need to get these things into their retail channels, so we don't have to pay the $10 shipping! They may not make as much per unit, but maybe they will sell one.Cheers,kev

1 - 20 of 25 Posts