Android Tablets Forum banner
81 - 100 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts

zaki, on 28 November 2011 - 06:08 PM, said:

http://www.365gate.c...roduct-115.html $6.9+$5.2 shipping cost.

In my experience, the "picture-frame" kickstand attached to the back with a ribbon will ALWAYS sag and bow after about 2 days of use.
The stand is typically made of cardboard and rely's heavily on the ribbon connected to the back to support the weight of the tablet.
Go with a tri-folding style and you won't be disappointed!

·
Registered
14 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
I received three tablets today from Mandy at HK Epad. She has some leather cases that are made for the Novo 7 Advanced with a kickstand and cut-outs for the rear camera. I can't recommend this seller enough. I ordered my tablets via UPS on Thursday and received them today.
So, do you have to order a minimum of 5 cases from this seller? That's what it looks like on the site.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I received three tablets today from Mandy at HK Epad. She has some leather cases that are made for the Novo 7 Advanced with a kickstand and cut-outs for the rear camera.
Specification:

special for ainol novo 7 advanced/basic

Material: PU

Color: black

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Bicast leather
(Redirected from PU leather)
Jump to: navigation, search

Bicast leather (also known as bycast leather, split leather or PU leather) is a split leather with a layer of polyurethane applied to the surface and then embossed. Bycast was originally made for the shoe industry and recently was adopted by the furniture industry. The resulting product is cheaper than top grain leather and has an artificially consistent texture that is easier to clean and maintain.

The use of the term "leather" in relation to this bicast treatment is considered a misrepresentation and therefore not permitted in the United Kingdom and New Zealand [1] Furniture made with bicast exhibits none of the characteristics associated with genuine leather; it will not develop a patina or suppleness nor otherwise "improve with age". With constant use the polyurethane layer will crack and split free of its backing.[2][3]

Modern technology permits up to three or four horizontal layers being taken from the one hide. The leather used in the backing of bicast is a thin, otherwise worthless, layer remaining after better quality layers have been removed for traditional leather work[citation needed] and contributes nothing to the look and feel of the end product.

Furniture manufacturers say that the main benefit of bicast leather is its price. Lower grades of leather can be used during the manufacturing process and treating with polyurethane gives a uniform shine and a long-lasting "like new" appearance. Bicast leather looks best, they say, on furniture with taut seat cushions and pillows. It can easily be cleaned with a damp cloth. New bicast leather furniture can have a slight chemical smell, but this typically dissipates about a week after the piece is exposed to air.[4]

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got one from Merimobiles (the one they suggest when you add the Novo7 to your cart). It's okay, but has the potential to allow the tablet to slide out of the sides. Also, there's no camera hole.

Thanks, LennyRRT, for the info on that Novo7-specific case. It looks nice - I may have to get one.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Here are some pics of a case I picked up from Amazon, the Poetic Standbook Case for Kindle Fire ($12.95), with a carbon-fiber pattern. It's also available in plain black. It's a knock-off of the CaseCrown Ace Flip Cases. It works very well, actually. The Novo7a is shorter that the Kindle Fire in landscape, as we all know, but that doesn't affect this case much at all. The bottom corner clips don't touch the Novo7 at all, and they don't need to. You would need to un-clip them to prop the device anyhow. The top corner and side clips hold the Novo7 very securely. It's actually takes some effort to remove it, so it's not going anywhere by accident. None of the side ports are obscured. It looks like the sd card clot is partially blocked in the third pic, but it is not. Also, with the way it folds, the rear speaker is not covered when it's propped up, so the audio is not muffled. I got this cheapy case to see how it would fit. Since it fits so well, I may pick up the higher quality CaseCrown case down the road. Overall though, the quality is pretty good. The stitching is even and straight, with no dropped stitches or unraveling threads. The entire inside is somewhat faux-sueded, and it does the job, but doesn't have near the same softness or cushion of real suede. The grooves you prop the device in when standing are deep and the device hasn't popped out when in use, and so far at least the device is very stable when propped up and doesn't move much at all when typing, etc. The biggest sticking-point / flaw is that since the Novo7 is shorter, when you close the case the binding can kind of over-fold, allowing the front cover to shift slighty to much to the right (when viewed in portrait mode) but it stays in place with the elastic strap placed around it. There's enough space between the bottom of the Novo7 and the binding of the case to fit Bic pen, so I think a stylus would fit (I don't have one yet so don't know the exact size) and then the case closes with the cover lined up perfectly. Also the bottom/binding corner clips would keep a stylus from sliding out of the ends of the case.

Front cover

Rectangle Material property Composite material Mesh Gas

Space between bottom clips and Novo7

Product Tablet computer Gadget Output device Laptop part

Side ports unobstructed

Wood Office equipment Office supplies Rectangle Hardwood

Hope this helps somebody who's looking for some protection for their device.

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Here are some pics of a case I picked up from Amazon, the Poetic Standbook Case for Kindle Fire ($12.95), with a carbon-fiber pattern. It's also available in plain black. It's a knock-off of the CaseCrown Ace Flip Cases. It works very well, actually. The Novo7a is shorter that the Kindle Fire in landscape, as we all know, but that doesn't affect this case much at all. The bottom corner clips don't touch the Novo7 at all, and they don't need to. You would need to un-clip them to prop the device anyhow. The top corner and side clips hold the Novo7 very securely. It's actually takes some effort to remove it, so it's not going anywhere by accident. None of the side ports are obscured. It looks like the sd card clot is partially blocked in the third pic, but it is not. Also, with the way it folds, the rear speaker is not covered when it's propped up, so the audio is not muffled. I got this cheapy case to see how it would fit. Since it fits so well, I may pick up the higher quality CaseCrown case down the road. Overall though, the quality is pretty good. The stitching is even and straight, with no dropped stitches or unraveling threads. The entire inside is somewhat faux-sueded, and it does the job, but doesn't have near the same softness or cushion of real suede. The grooves you prop the device in when standing are deep and the device hasn't popped out when in use, and so far at least the device is very stable when propped up and doesn't move much at all when typing, etc. The biggest sticking-point / flaw is that since the Novo7 is shorter, when you close the case the binding can kind of over-fold, allowing the front cover to shift slighty to much to the right (when viewed in portrait mode) but it stays in place with the elastic strap placed around it. There's enough space between the bottom of the Novo7 and the binding of the case to fit Bic pen, so I think a stylus would fit (I don't have one yet so don't know the exact size) and then the case closes with the cover lined up perfectly. Also the bottom/binding corner clips would keep a stylus from sliding out of the ends of the case.

Hope this helps somebody who's looking for some protection for their device.
Great Find, ordered the black and mine came in yesterday. I wonder if a camera hole can be punched our on the back, but since I don't use the camera, may forget about that. What I really like is that the speaker is not covered when the Tablet is propped up since I like to listen to music while I read. Obviously it only works in landscape when propped up. Thanks.

Here's some pics.

Front
Rectangle Gadget Audio equipment Communication Device Musical instrument accessory

Opened
Telephony Tablet computer Mobile device Communication Device Portable communications device

Blurry pic of speaker hole
Netbook Personal computer Output device Table Peripheral

Open w pen in gap
Netbook Output device Communication Device Gadget Touchpad

Attachments

Reactions: huds_n

·
Registered
468 Posts
This case looks good too, but i think its pretty costly.
I have ordered mine from Aliexpress with normal black colored leather case which has ability to be kept as a stand also anywhere u want. But I would have liked to have this green colored mofi bag too if i could.

81 - 100 of 132 Posts