Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
Im currently setting up a computer in my car, to control my music, accessories, allow remote access to many of the cars electronic functions.My Car:2000 Hyundai Sonata--2.5 L Dual Overhead Cam v6 injected, not the chincy 4 banger.--JVC 200w CD/MP3 Deck with USB and AUX Interfaces--Dual 600w AMP - 8 Gauge Power Feed--Kenwood 800w 12" Sub in wooden boxThe Computer:VIA C3 1.0 GHZ Industrial Embedded Board1 GB DDR 3200Windows XP Pro SP34 x USB 2.01 x 10/100 Ethernet1 x PCI Slot16 GB SSD Hard Disk - For running the OS on Low Power500 GB Hard Disk on USB - Will only power on while engine is runningVerizon USB760 3G CardTrendnet Wireless N Card - Infrastructure Mode - Hosting a WiFi Hotspot around the car.I have a USB Relay box on order which can turn on or off anything connected to it letting me remote to the Cars onboard computer and turn on the Stereo, Headlights, Marker Lights, Horn, Start it, etc.The Epad will be my Remote Control, i will be using the Remote RDP app to remote control the onboard Windows XP machine to do anything i need to.It works really well when you force the XP machine to use the Epads native resolution, the video smoothens, nice and fast refreshing, and quick response.The Epad will be a touchscreen monitor in essence, and when im in the car it will be connected via a Ethernet Crossover Cable to the PC, when not in the car, i can join the Cars Wifi to control it, OR I can join any other WiFi and dial in through the 3G Card on the onboard XP Machine.I also plan to add a kickout relay to the power feed for the Ignition Coils so say if the car is stolen, i just on the wifi, or use any computer to remote in over the 3G and switch off the ignition system, BING, car rolls to a stop as if it just ran outa gas, poor crinimal, looks like you get to have a cuban missle crisis in jail tonight!Im waiting for the power supply and then i have all needed parts to complete the project, so far i layed everything out and hooked it togeather, and everything works! Just gotta get it all installed permanent like!Heres a shot of the motherboard used for the onboard PC!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts