Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For holidays etc i'd like to see if I can find a suitable in car charger for the Hannspad, but search of ebay seems to throw up a blank, anyone found one suitable? it seems to need a 12v positive output

·
Registered
7 Posts
Whilst I've not looked for the Hannspad I have picked up a Laptop charger before now that plugs into the lighter socket and the output can be adjusted (looks like the Hannspad is 12V anyway). These chargers come with a bag of adapters but I have noticed the Hannspad has a very small power socket, so you might have trouble finding an adapter that small.

Second option is to get a 12V to 240V converter for the car and then plug in your Hannspad mains charger into that, not so elegant but it would do the trick.

Regards,

RoboGaz

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi there,

I have an Asus eee Netbook standig right next to me and it looks like those cables are the same than they are on the Hannspad. Unfortunately my Pad will arrive here not before monday so I need to wait to confirm that. You should look for the eee PC 900 or 1000 Series. If it does fit, it gives the oportunity to get some cheap car adapters.

Greetings.

·
Registered
211 Posts
You might find one of those universal mobile phone in-car charging packs like Halfords etc sell (cheap and generic things) may have the right connection in it. (they're more likely to have smaller plugs, such as the hannspad uses than the universal laptop packs mentioned previously in the thread).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Finally got my tablet and tried the Asus eee 1000 charger. Works like a charm. It even looks like the Asus charger fits better, as the original one stands out for a millimeter. Finding a car charger for the Asus eee 1000 or 900 is way easier than finding one for the Hannspad.

Greeting.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Finally got my tablet and tried the Asus eee 1000 charger. Works like a charm. It even looks like the Asus charger fits better, as the original one stands out for a millimeter. Finding a car charger for the Asus eee 1000 or 900 is way easier than finding one for the Hannspad.

Greeting.
Just measured my Hannspad power connected.

It's just over 2mm in diameter, but the Asus EEE chargers are all 4.8mm diameter. I'm starting to wonder if the different Hannspad model numbers have a different power connector.

I've got a 1653 and I see you've got a 1633. Perhaps that's why they seem to be different sizes?

·
Registered
32 Posts
OK, some more research reveals the Asus 1005HA uses a 2.35mm power connector. Is this what you have Enferax?

I think something like THIS would be perfect. It includes the correct size tip and can be powered by mains or in the car. Two birds, one stone.

Or THIS will do just the car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
anyone found a car charger that works for the hannspad ?
want to take it out when being away for the weekend with the motorcycle so the little one can watch video's in the sidecar.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Right, i sent a message to an ebay seller selling vegacar charger asking if it was the same size tip as the hannspad and got this replay.

Hello it is 4mm and will not fit with your tablet PC. I have already ordered hannspree hannspad car charger and leather case but it will take almost 7 to 10 days more to be prepared and send it to me from China. Best regards
So with a bit of luck, there will be some hannspad car chargers and proper cases on ebay.

·
Registered
34 Posts
You're looking for a 12v 2A with a 2.35 socket. There are a few multi adapters on ebay that meet that spec. Item number: 120636026816 is one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
gazbert
"I think something like THIS would be perfect. It includes the correct size tip and can be powered by mains or in the car. Two birds, one stone."
The IGO charger seems a very good product, but even though the TIP (no213 Designed to fit a Asus Eee PC 1005HA) is the right size for the hannspad it is outputing 19vDC witch is dangerously HIGH

Our hannspads require 12V DC and you are seriously going to mess it up by using the iGo 213 tip when it is outputting 19V DC
what does charging the 12V tab with 19V do? it's just basically going to melt/fry things inside
?
Also please note any car charger for the Asus Eee PC 1005HA will be 19vDC and unsafe to use
hope this helps, it would be very sad if someone fried there pad this way
carl

1 - 16 of 16 Posts