Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've like done everything tons of times!What you guys did other than going out with friends and work(grr)?

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
Look at all the other stuff coming out and second guess yourself...

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I'm gonna stop taking so many coffee cups! heheh
jockboyo;7741 said:
I am waiting as well for my m003. I have spent the last few days reading everything over and over again and thinkin did I get ripped off.
Man, you didn't get ripped off... Unless you paid 150USD+ for it. Otherwise is a great device for hacking and learning new stuff.btw it still says 'processing' on pandawill grrrrrrr

·
Registered
10 Posts
[quote name='itanium;7802]I think I'm gonna stop taking so many coffee cups! hehehMan' date=' you didn't get ripped off... Unless you paid 150USD+ for it. Otherwise is a great device for hacking and learning new stuff.btw it still says 'processing' on pandawill grrrrrrr[/QUOTE']Well just checked my status and mine has left China and be with in a couple of days can't wait. Although the seller on ebay has been shit

·
Registered
150 Posts
Well, I've been killing time downloading the new ROMs, looking up Debian installs and downloading the disk images for that, etc. But there's a limit.Sorta been thinking about the Eken "pimping" contest and what I'm going to do for that -- if it's still running by the time mine gets here. Just basically hoping that it won't have been obsoleted by a faster slate for the same money by the time I get it, or there will be regrets at not just waiting until this market gets up to the level of infancy before buying anything.One of the reasons people buy early is because they want to hack, and be in the vanguard with other hackers. If it takes too long to receive, and technology has moved on (at that price level) there's no point.Paying for extra DHL doesn't really mean much if they never get the shipment from the seller.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[quote name='vtpad;8384]Well' date=' I've been killing time downloading the new ROMs, looking up Debian installs and downloading the disk images for that, etc. But there's a limit.Sorta been thinking about the Eken "pimping" contest and what I'm going to do for that -- if it's still running by the time mine gets here. Just basically hoping that it won't have been obsoleted by a faster slate for the same money by the time I get it, or there will be regrets at not just waiting until this market gets up to the level of infancy before buying anything.One of the reasons people buy early is because they want to hack, and be in the vanguard with other hackers. If it takes too long to receive, and technology has moved on (at that price level) there's no point.Paying for extra DHL doesn't really mean much if they never get the shipment from the seller.[/QUOTE'] Totally agree with you VTpad. It sucks to wait for the seller to be 'kind' to ship it fast (and even a higher level of kindness from mail offices so they can dispatch the package faster).You guys may or may not believe but I just received a package from UK (sugru). It was FREAKING SHIPPED ON APRIL 21. WTF 2 MONTHS FOR A PACKAGE WEIGHTING 100 grams // 0.2pounds F*CK THAT !!!JEEEEEZ. I just needed to spit it out.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Well, Itanium, I finally canceled my Merimobiles order. 8 days and it never changed from "processing". That was a DHL express order too -- $32 paid for postage. And with two email queries to them, as well, I was told that the "Chinese Boat Festival" had interfered with shipping. But when I looked it up, that holiday lasts only one day -- Wed June 16th. I had ordered on the 11th, five days before, and I finally canceled the order on the 19th, 3 days after. Took two more notes to get them to refund, and then they claimed it had been only 5 "working" days not 8 days. They wanted me to wait to the 21st -- ten days according to my strange way of counting time. Uh, no, not for 32 dollars worth of "shipping and handling."Funny thing is, I ordered another Eken M001 from DealExtreme on the 16th (not knowing then about this "holiday"). Guess what? It processed that same day (the holiday), was packaged and shipped out the next. I actually had a tracking number on the third day. And free shipping (HK Post Registered Air, not DHL, though)So, DealExtreme, despite a few conflicting reviews elsewhere, was the winner for me -- about 3 times faster off the mark than anybody else, and they keep you a lot better informed about what is happening with your order with more detailed stages. The word "processing" doesn't mean much if you stare at it for 8 days in a row wondering when DHL will be notified by the seller. I was very surprised at DealExtreme's high speed turnaround. I'll let you know how fast if gets here.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This year's holidays are gonna be own3d totally by tablets. The chinese are gonna work their ass off (even more) to supply all markets.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.