Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried everything to get the firmware to flash via the SD card but all I get is the triangle with the exclamation point and the Android with a box with an arrow. Both screens flash back and forth. I have tried two different SD cards formated with FAT and FAT32. I have tried the Pandigital PC installer, but that wants to download 7_18. I even connected the USB and deleted everything in the Download folder (only 1 updater EXE). Someone on the forum said that worked for them. I even tried to copy the firmware ZIP to the download folder, but that didn't work either.Any ideas?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Apologies if you know some/all of the following; just putting them out there just in case:First, make sure you have the entire 69MB .zip file. Sometimes it "completes", erm, incompletely.Second, don't unzip it. It stays a .zip file on the root of the card.Third, if that doesn't work, put the file on the root of your unit's internal microSD; the recovery stuff looks there, too.

·
Registered
125 Posts
[quote name='rocstar;30554]I have tried everything to get the firmware to flash via the SD card but all I get is the triangle with the exclamation point and the Android with a box with an arrow. Both screens flash back and forth. I have tried two different SD cards formated with FAT and FAT32. I have tried the Pandigital PC installer' date=' but that wants to download 7_18. I even connected the USB and deleted everything in the Download folder (only 1 updater EXE). Someone on the forum said that worked for them. I even tried to copy the firmware ZIP to the download folder, but that didn't work either.Any ideas?[/QUOTE'] Few thigs to check:1) The firmware ZIP filesize should be 69MB.2) Don't unzip it just put it on SD card3) Hold Vol+ button and then power ON (hold power slider in ON possition till you see the progress bar).

·
Registered
22 Posts
To anyone who's done this.... I'm a little wary. If I flash the firmware, will I need to reinstall Google Experience, apps I've downloaded from Market, PandaHome, Market?Thanks,Jeff

·
Registered
784 Posts
If you flash using Pandigital's 7/24 stock firmware, you will have to reinstall everything. To date, all of Pandigital's firmwares wipe out your installed apps. If you find the post with Blazingwolf's modified 7/24 firmware installation, and download that, it will not overwrite your installed apps.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.