Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Vendor
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi.so would like to take the bland and make it something i'm into, you know?is there a basic way (how to somewhere) to make a theme? or where to find?Idea:RESIDENT EVIL (movie version)Boot screenWallpaper (are you able to make live wallpapers?)Maybe Change a couple Icons?Have Specific sounds for Icon Clicks and such (like bullets or zombies)??

·
Firmware Dev
2,739 Posts
Its all quite easy to do its just the "getting" part that can be tricky !The actually changes to icons, sounds, bootlogo are in the framework and just really nothing more than changing files for other files.The hard bit is finding or making the parts you want changed like the sounds etc.There are quite a lot of excellent things you can find for free form the web just remember to give credit if you use them.As to live wallpapers this is only an option in Android 2.1+ and I havent looked into how they are made but it cant be that hard.

·
Vendor
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
heyayeah, it's mainly the system and click sounds I want, wallpapers (I dont know what it's called, but when you pull the page over your home to see all the main apps..... would like that a different image or color) and boot thing. (I'm so technical....)There's an online generators with pandahome, but it seems made for the motorola phone.... it does change icons and use your own, but nothing about sound, boot, that other screen -- and like i say the sample is on motorola (and im assuming you cant use it with LauncherPro or something)

·
Premium Member
2,428 Posts
Some of this is based on what launcher you use. You can find a lot of ADW themes in the markets. You want a Theme creation tool or template so you can the template change the wallpaper to X, musicboard(board sounds) to Y alter colors then save the whole thing to a package and users install it to get the theme.I don't think it exists yet.I wonder if this too far in the guts for Google app inventor?

·
Registered
113 Posts
isn't there any theme creator software our there?
There's a few out there now I think.. I've been toying with the DIY Ownskin app for a while, and have made a few that could act as rudimentary themes.
I'm a bit impatient these days and only tooled around with it for a couple of hours, though one could do a lot with it, I imagine, given proper time and motivation.
As an example here's a link to a XOOM inspired Live Wallpaper and theme:
XOOM : 480x800

And here's a ASUS inspired one that came up in another post on here:
ASUS : 480x800

-OR-

You could check out PandaHome's theme maker, which I have yet to try (but really want to).
Found here: Panda Theme Maker.
Here's a quick youtube video overview on it as well.

Either way, good luck looking into it all!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts