1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
38 Posts
If it's too good to be true, it's too good to be true. AND the guy has zero feedbackBe VERY careful when ordering flash drives, there are many useless clones in circulation! Most of them are 2gb or 4gb flash drives hacked to report 30gb or more.

·
Registered
68 Posts
it is fake. some time ago i have buy this flash drive and got "kingston 128GB" - looks like original. but inside 4GB flash chip and "hacked firmware" - so windows show 128GB,256GB and so on. beware!fyi original kingston datatravel 128gb cost about 400$

·
Registered
57 Posts
i just checked also and looks like a copy the real one's sell for $400. And the one your looking at is different then the real one's. The real ones sell for $400 250gb and $310 for the 125gb you can find the real one's on amazon

·
Registered
131 Posts
DavidJBrown;52012 said:
Looking for a USB flash drive to use with the ZT180 (as it seems to break my Ext HDD's!!!) and found this:Free shipping Wholesale/retail NEW Kingston 256GB DataTraveler 310 USB Flash DriveDoes seem incredibly cheap!!Then found this:New 128 GB Datatraveler 200 USB 2.0 Flash Drive NR on eBay (end time 12-Sep-10 09:12:03 BST)for EUR 17.99 (About ?14.99).What USB flash drives have people had any luck with?
Definitely something dodgy about this I got stung a while back on a couple of flash drives that were hacked to appear larger than they were on eBay since then when it comes to external hdd's and flash drives I just buy them from legit places and usually they are not that much more than eBay.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Interesting comment in small type at bottom of that link... Maybe this is only 4GB which would be about what you expect for the price.. "This product upgrades, the actual capacity of only 4GB, if there are problems, please contact us to confirm orders, thank you!"

·
Registered
1 Posts
Carefully, this is a scam.They rewrite the master chip driver, ram space will increase. When you store files larger than the actual ram space, the file will be damaged.SD card, TF card can increase the space by this method.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok,Cheap large USB drives are out (especially scam ones!!)Has anyone got a ext HDD to work on this device? Ive tied exFAT under windows Ext2/3/4 under ubuntu (Gpart). Ive tried 2 so far a 250GB WD and a 500GB Samsung. Both work fine on PC's and laptops (Windows / Ubuntu) as soon as I plug it into the ZT it comes up Blank U-Disk!! and then I have to reformat under win/unbuntu to get the drive working, it must be writing something!!!Off topic but anyone got their G1 working with the ZT via USB?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.