1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Im currently using a 16gb SDHC card with no issues in my v2 apad, so yes

·
Registered
21 Posts
[quote name='wwilde;10010]Im currently using a 16gb SDHC card with no issues in my v2 apad' date=' so yes[/QUOTE']Which ROM do you use? IS it stock 0530 or a customized one given in the forum.I tried 3 different memcards with 8 and 2 Gigs but only thing I got is "Damaged SD Card" notification.I wonder whether it is a software problem or my device is not functioning properly.

·
Registered
120 Posts
deneme13;10119 said:
Which ROM do you use? IS it stock 0530 or a customized one given in the forum.I tried 3 different memcards with 8 and 2 Gigs but only thing I got is "Damaged SD Card" notification.I wonder whether it is a software problem or my device is not functioning properly.
Yes stock 0530 ROM & using a Kingston micro SDHC 16GB straight out of the box.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Sorry I can't help more :confused: but now running hellermerongs ROM & still works fine

·
Registered
11 Posts
well ya we are all probalby a little cheap or we'd just plunk down the 700 or so for the Ipad :cool:Still Ive seen em go for like 52.00 or so on ebay and if it did work Id buy one. In theory I dont understand why it would not work. if 16gb works what would be so different about 32gb? I guess even though one of the guru's has not tried it does not mean they dont have an opinion on why it would or would not work. Any "educated" opinions? Im sure someone has tryed it or at least gone over 16gb.

·
Registered
324 Posts
The main reason why nobody has tried it yet is that you can't get your hands on good 32GB MSD cards just yet. There are a few available, but they are class 2, which means you can't even play MP3s off them properly, because they are just too slow. And no, I will not pay ?80 (down from ?133) for a 32GB class2 SD card.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Fair enough. I was not aware that there was such a difference in good and bad sd cards. I guess Ill use the one I have for my camera in it till the good stuff comes out or I get confirmation of a good 32gb card that works.:cool:

G

·
pomme-accro;13331 said:
And is it really a problem to use no brand Class2 card in order to read music photo and Film ?
gevrik states above that MP3 is not properly supported with Class 2 but with rating of approximately 2 MB/s I find this hard to believe. FLAC, perhaps. Video, maybe. I used a cheap generic memory card (actually a MiniSD inside an SD adapter) for my M001 and everything works fine.I think it's more "it will be slower" rather than "it won't work". Maybe gevrik can elaborate as I am by no means an expert on the subject!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.