Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
Even at the lowest possible resolution, it will often never play the video files, and it will certainly never play any videos at the high resolution you are asking. 320x240 with less than a 600 bit rate, and it will sometimes play them, but with lots of stuttering, and usually quickly out of sync. And that is when it plays at all.This device just doesn't have the hardware to play video.

· Registered
31 Posts
[quote author=Eva link=topic=78.msg695#msg695 date=1274084964]I have played a couple of movie encoded for my iphone with "handbrake" (osx software)the play smooth.. good enough
[/quote]I guess I just have higher standards for good enough =)The low quality encodes required to get playback working at all are just too pixelated and thus not clear, and still have lots of frame stops where the audio continues.If you want decent video, this, spend just a bit more on a device that has a dedicated gpu like the Archos 7 HT. I hope to have mine this week (amazon pre-ordered ship today).

· Registered
31 Posts
I guess our definitions of acceptable video playback are vastly different. To me, the quality on the videos that do play are crap (I'd rather not watch at all, than watch it at that level).I got my Archos 7 Home Tablet today, and the video playback on it is night and day better. Seriously,if you are looking for a video playback device, the Archos 7 HT is worth the small premium over the Eken (and has a longer battery life to boot, with at least 6hrs of battery life with video playing and wifi on). The Eken has other things going for it, and is a more open platform. But video isn't, and won't ever be, one of its strengths.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.