1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yes it sure can

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Sorry about the unclearness(is that even a word...), I just know that most China devices cant be flashed with new firmware while using any operating system other than Windows XP,just thought it would be prudent to ask if these were included in that scenario.Thanks for the answer(which I assume is I can flash new firmware onto these APADS while using Windows 7 as my OS),you folks rock on here!EDIT: Asked it more clearly(I KNOW thats a word ;) )

·
Premium Member
2,429 Posts
It should be no problem to use Win7 32bit or 64 bit.ADB with some slates need drivers but that is not an issue here.Just use 7zip not win zip to extract data from Rom download. 7zip preserves linux data that winzip does not. DownloadPosting guide to flashing rom this weekend on wiki. (still writing/getting screenshots)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mogrith;41582 said:
It should be no problem to use Win7 32bit or 64 bit.ADB with some slates need drivers but that is not an issue here.Just use 7zip not win zip to extract data from Rom download. 7zip preserves linux data that winzip does not. DownloadPosting guide to flashing rom this weekend on wiki. (still writing/getting screenshots)
Very nice! I will use all you teach me on that wiki,as I have no idea of what I am doing here,I'm a noob at this sort of stuff

·
Registered
2 Posts
mogrith;41582 said:
Just for the record, I was unable to flash my Batch 3 aPad to 0806 using Windows 7 x64 on my ThinkPad notebook, but the process worked fine on my Windows XP x32 desktop. I do suspect the notebook / desktop difference played a role, because I found that I needed to hold down the menu and power buttons throughout the entire time I wanted the tablet to be recognized by USB, but the notebook wouldn't properly recognize the device while the desktop did with no problems.Just my experience, YMMV!

·
Premium Member
1,339 Posts
[quote name='bokchoi;41827]Just for the record' date=' I was unable to flash my Batch 3 aPad to 0806 using Windows 7 x64 on my ThinkPad notebook, but the process worked fine on my Windows XP x32 desktop. I do suspect the notebook / desktop difference played a role, because I found that I needed to hold down the menu and power buttons throughout the entire time I wanted the tablet to be recognized by USB, but the notebook wouldn't properly recognize the device while the desktop did with no problems.Just my experience, YMMV![/QUOTE'] Same issue with win7 64, tried for hours, changed to win7 32bit and first time. Have also confirmed same issue when flashing W7, wouldnt work on 64bit but first time success on 32bit

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
[quote name='mingnon;42094]Same issue with win7 64' date=' tried for hours, changed to win7 32bit and first time. Have also confirmed same issue when flashing W7, wouldnt work on 64bit but first time success on 32bit[/QUOTE'] Well,from what I have read, the Rockchip dosent like to play nice with 64 bit OS's. maderin 1,a mod at mp4nation.net,is trying to see if theres a fix for it right now,and he needs testers.The link to that thread is :http://www.mp4nation.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=19170

·
Registered
880 Posts
uhm... i flashed my 2nd Batch rockchip apad many times on windows 7 x64 ultimate, on my AMD Athlon x2 64 without a single problem.I used the english flash program and drivers i got from hiapad.com. (also i run the flash program with admin rights)So i guess this x64 is for intel mashines?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes,Loonix,it seems to work alright with AMD based machines and 64 bit,intel machines are a different story,though.Thats why the testing is needed.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.