Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Go into settings and have it scan for wi-fi... it will take awhile, but it found more wi-fi hotspots than my desktop did. My desktop only finds 2, mine and my next door neighbors... after some few minutes scanning, the PDN slowly found about 6 wi-fi hotspots near my home. Most were too remote to get a good connect and almost all were locked. My son, who setup my router, has it locked AND mac address filtering. I think it is a pain, but he is a security nut.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can connect to my home router with no problem. What i'm trying to do is use the internet from my cell phone (tether). I have a program in my cell phone called wifi router. The Novel doesn't see it. My laptop will see the router in the cell phone but not the Novel.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If we could get our phones to act as access points, android devices will be able to see them. Apparently 2.2 allows for this...but not my rooted droid using wireless tether for root users...I'm running 2.2 from cyanogenmod and native tethering is disabled.... so VZW can charge extra for it. Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,420 Posts
emajy;18662 said:
I was able to tether to my Palm Pre on Sprint. The Pre was acting as a hotspot. Worked perfectly.
That's because it is seen as an access point. Would be nice if I could get that to work on my Droid.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts