Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Developer
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Team,

The PicUntu Development team is looking for developers to join them and fast track the development and release of distribution.

We need people who have experience in the following fields (any one or more), with some time to contribute to development of the distribution.

1. Kernel cross compilers
2. Kernel development
3. Modules compilation
4. Android application developers
5. Graphic designers (for logo, splash screens)
6. Quality control.

Please note at this point of time, we are NOT LOOKING for testers, (We will soon send requests for testers as well) - but right now, only for those who have done the above work earlier.

Please go to https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups&nomobile=true#!forum/rk3066-linux and apply. I have cleaned up all the past applications - so if you have applied earlier, please apply again. Also, please send me a brief note, on the area that you can help work on - please send note to [email protected]

Looking forward to more participation to make PicUntu even more valueable.

Alok Sinha

·
Developer
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why do you not use GitHub for development ?

What did you mean by "Quality control" ?
Github is being used - but the idea was to get the development aligned and moved forward at a rapid syncronised pace.

Quality control: On a long term basis, we will need to create the modules, kernels in a manner that it can be re-used and someone other than the author can read the code
, currently some of the code coming out of china team is not only comment free, the flow is more or less so cryptic, that it is a pain point to just structure it back.... we do not want any thing, that will have to be re-engineered again in future.

Alok

·
Registered
4 Posts
Github is being used - but the idea was to get the development aligned and moved forward at a rapid syncronised pace.
ok, is this the project?

Quality control: On a long term basis, we will need to create the modules, kernels in a manner that it can be re-used and someone other than the author can read the code
, currently some of the code coming out of china team is not only comment free, the flow is more or less so cryptic, that it is a pain point to just structure it back.... we do not want any thing, that will have to be re-engineered again in future.

Alok
Well, it should be mandatory !

Finally, I've some skills in "Kernel cross compilers" and "Modules compilation" and I'm a administrator of linux systems.
Furthermore, I know shell and python development !

So may be I can help you.

P.S.: I noticed some errors in yours bash scripts.

·
Developer
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok, is this the project?

Well, it should be mandatory !

Finally, I've some skills in "Kernel cross compilers" and "Modules compilation" and I'm a administrator of linux systems.
Furthermore, I know shell and python development !

So may be I can help you.

P.S.: I noticed some errors in yours bash scripts.
Roondar,

When you apply on the google group - could you please express your name there...

Alok

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Looking forward to more participation to make PicUntu even more valueable.

Alok Sinha
I would love to apply for a spot on the team. Willing to work very long hours also have multiple rk3066 devices and displays. I all ready spend the majority of my time on Picuntu I'd love to officialy contribute but it seems the link is dead? I write software using C and C++ for the linux OS cross-platform and also I write a little for Android. Also well versed in graphic/logo/desktop design/publishing. Would love to donate my free time.

-edit-
I also have my own lab of several machines and can run batch operations/big jobs or lots of cross-compilation

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
also am thinking of hosting a couple dongles free to connect to remotely 24/7 through ssh for whatever purpose (ie:running remote tests, compiling, test scenarios, anyone wanting to learn more or play around more with an MK808 but lacking an 808 etc..)

or if someone needs another environment or two to use to compile/cross-compile I'd be willing to allot remote access to several of my machines. I only have one machine with anything personal and its on its own seperate network. I basically have a lab setup

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Justin,

Go ahead apply for the group

Sent from my U9GT V_Core 4 using Tapatalk HD
Alok,

Thank you! I applied and looks like I'm part of the group: Full name Justin Gross: [email protected]
Is there going to be any meetings about whats on the agenda? I'm available for any such meeting or discussion of whats on the todo list and what I can do to help.
Currently I'm working on trimming an Xfce4/lightDM rootfs with Mali and ioquake3.arm(with demo quake maps),a personal Qt Pandora Radio app (I code with tons of documentations in code) and GLTron GLES port all already compiled. Also working on writing several other programs to accompany this as a kind of "miniminal/soft-dev addition" Will post on group when finished. Weekend kind of full but should have some update by monday. After the trim I ended up deleting files needed by my lightdm gtk-greeter.conf and was having boot problems also looking into a way to protect against that in the future if a user installs Ubuntu-desktop or other desktops and changes greeting but then removes said packages could end in non-booot scenario. I have an idea for some init script and cron job magick to protect against that event on top of making sure if gtk-greeter i unreadable that the system uses a backup failsafe greeter.

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
really? looks the old one doesn't exist any longer.
The link you quoted is still live, functional and working. Which "old one" are you talking about?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts