Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is in the App Store, so since im one of those folks who cant get my market to work no matter what I tried itdid i back up first?naw why would i do that?now of course i cant get a network connectioni even used the restore function IN the appno go.sigh, anyone habe any ideas?I know "BAD USER BAD BOY!"

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
actually my grammer is great, my typing skills however are HORRID (2 broken hands in as many years will do that for you)Anyway. in the Augen App Store there is an app called MarketEnable.apk that "in theory" changes your location so that your android Market will work.Well it MAY have done that, but it also did something that would no allow my wifi to connect in any of 3 different connections.I was just aggrevated because I wasnt smart enough to make a backup 1st.The app has a "restore" function, but it didntHOWEVER I did turn off my wifi kill the app and the service in ATK and do a hard reboot, uninstall the app, turn wifi back on and everything worked fine.now that I'm back in business I am curious as to whether anyone has used that successfully?j

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the ID, I followed the LONG steps and pulled one up from my VM in the SDK.Although the market doesnt work I did learn a lot about the SDK during that whole process.So that was fun!Plus someone on another board was kind enough to extract the 1 apk my wife needed thats only available from the market so we are almost 100% ready to go!I guess like most of the folks who have tried several market fixes and havent had any success anything that would work in 1 step would be a blessingbut like dad always said, if it looks TOO easy theres probably a reason for it

·
Premium Member
2,429 Posts
Hi Mindwave, I'm mainly here actually. The long process is needed to get anything in the market downloading. If that is working the market app you had will 'fake' google into thinking you have say t-mobile in the USA the market will then show and d/l apps that are blocked in the UK.Mixing the xda market fix process and slatedroid market fix process seems to not work.

·
Premium Member
2,429 Posts
One some this update stuff settles down doing an update with a modified Augen package people are working on now, Should get you to a point where you can add the androidId (case matters) back in with a adb command and be ready to go.

·
Registered
6 Posts
[quote name='mindwave;41252]I have the ID' date=' I followed the LONG steps and pulled one up from my VM in the SDK.Although the market doesnt work I did learn a lot about the SDK during that whole process.So that was fun!Plus someone on another board was kind enough to extract the 1 apk my wife needed thats only available from the market so we are almost 100% ready to go!I guess like most of the folks who have tried several market fixes and havent had any success anything that would work in 1 step would be a blessingbut like dad always said, if it looks TOO easy theres probably a reason for it[/QUOTE']Hi, check my post on Android Tablets dot Net , I got the full android market 2.1 to work with the help from different placesPost your Augen gentouch Software setups here!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.