Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Agreed. I've found the FIRST thing you do with a new or factory reset M001 is recalibrate the Touchpanel. The default calibration is slightly off and you end up making a lot of mistakes. But after you have done the calibration the touch accuracy improves a lot. Not perfect.....but a lot better than default. It will be more accurate if you do not use your finger tip and instead use something very thin and exact - like a stylus. Nothing special......just something the screen will recognise as touching it.Menu -> Settings -> Touchpanel Calibration (It's at the bottom of the list)

·
Registered
247 Posts
[quote name='rocky289;12821]You guys that know your way round this device' date=' do you recomend calibrating the touchpanel or not.I read a couple of reviews that said to leave it alone. But they didn't say why.[/QUOTE']I found the default calibration to be poor. I tried recalibrating using the tip of my little finger and that made it a bit better, but it still wasn't very good. Then I tried recalibrating it with an object like a stylus with a 'sharp', very small tip, allowing me to be very precise about touching *exactly* the centre of the crosshairs and the touch accuracy on the screen and on soft keyboard was *much* better after that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.