Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am purchasing 5 m001's for myself , family, and friendswhen i recieve them, i want to update all 5 of them with new firmware since they only have 1.6 preinstalled i believeheres my question. i was going to update all 5 of them to version 1.7 (of course mine i will play around with later since im getting ,mine for free
)if i update them to 1.7 will i be able to download from the marketplace? VIEW YOUTUBE VIDEOS?anything else i should be aware of?thanks so much guys, i really appricate it !!-jon

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i actually downloaded the 1.7.4 and the 1.7.1 firm wareswhich would be better for me to update the 5 units withagain im looking for anadrid marketplace access and download, and youtube usage

G

·
Use the search button.1.7.4 is not Android 1.7 etc. ALL the ROMs are Android 1.6, just different builds of the firm (which happen to have similar numbers).When your five arrive, test them and see. Youtube sucks on the VIA 8505, you should have seen my first point before blowing $500 on them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i did search the site, and some answers were unclear to meso if the units were all working, and i updated them to 1.7.4you tube wil not work? will i be able to download from the android market place ?

·
Firmware Dev
2,739 Posts
OK I couldn't find the link but heres the details.Part I - Get a unique AndroidID1 - Download the android SDK and install it. ( you can follow directions on How-To Geek - Computer Help from your Friendly How-To Geek)2 - Download android system.img from 4shared.com - free file sharing and storage ( hey , you have some time now before downloading starts , so take some coffee )3 - place the system.img file to c:android-sdk-windowsplatformsandroid-4images (or location where you installed tje sdk)4 - Now start the android emulator again and start the virtual dev for 1.6 .( c:android-sdk-windowsSDK setup.exe )5 - Start up the emulator and sign in to market ( first skip all until you see your dashboard , then market)6 - If you have open your market and you can browsing thru the program's , it's time to open a command prompt.7 - go to c:android-sdk-windowstools ( cd c:android-sdk-windowstools)8 - type follow command : adb devices ( now you see the emulator connected)9 - type follow command : adb pull /data/data/com.google.android.googleapps/databases/accounts.db ( now we copy the file with the unique androidid to directory)10 - type follow command : sqlite3 accounts.db "select * from meta";now you have a return like androidId||xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx where the x's = the unique androidid , write this number down.You can close the emulator for now .So this is End of Part IPart II : Get Root access to your eken device.For some command (like copy files . . .) on our eken device we need some root access. Company eken has disabbled this , but with some tricks i found on this board ( http://www.slatedroid.com/eken-m001-android-tablet-discussion/showthread...on-1.7.4/page2 ) we can get root access. I have already changed the eken M002 Firmware for you and you can find it here for the Firmware : MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery servicehere for the 2 APK tools :MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery serviceI hope you can Flash your device with the Firmware and after that install the 2 apk with pkmanager. all the other info you find in the howto.txt. Normally it's the easiest part.Part III : Change the " Fault" androidid with your unique.1 - on your device : Settings - Applications - Development - Tap USB debugging2 - go to market , sign in and close3 - go to c:android-sdk-windowstools ( cd c:android-sdk-windowstools)4 - connect with your device , the easiest way is type : adb connect <ip of your device>:55555 - type : adb devices ( to see if your device is connected)6 - type : adb shell (now you are in your device)now you have to change some attributes from a file7 - type : su (to get super user privileges)8- look at the screen of your device , you have to tapped allow.9 - type : cd /data/data/com.google.android.googleapps/databases/10 - type : chmod 777 accounts.db11 - type : exit12 - type : exit (yes , 2 times)13 - type : adb pull /data/data/com.google.android.googleapps/databases/accounts.db (get the file with fault id )14 - type : sqlite3 accounts.db "update meta set intvalue='xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx' where name='androidId'" ( ATTENTION change the x's with the number you have written) 15 - type : adb push accounts.db /data/data/com.google.android.googleapps/databases/16 - Reboot your device

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
that seems like alot of work, maybe ill just do that mod to minenow after i update to 1.7.4 what changes will i see from the original versionis there any fireware verision that havethis marketplace issue already resolved?

·
Premium Member
2,429 Posts
Fix Market For Slates - WikiSame procedure but with pictures.If use the same Android ID on all five with the same goggle account when all of them are turned on and wifi is connected. An install on the first one will cause an install on all of them.But I'm not sure you can update google sign on and android w/o loosing the apps.Best to make 5 androidIDs

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.