Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK. Here's the deal. I've had my M001 for a couple of weeks now. A couple of days ago the screen went black while using the internet. I have tried everything that I can find by searching the forum. Yesterday It decided not to charge. No lights. No anything when you plug the charger in. I tried a radio Shack 9 volt universal charger with the same results. So....... I decided to do a tear down. I have a burned place on the main board where I think there was a surface mounted transister. Here is a pic of the board:
. So here's the question. Does anyone have a VERY upclose picture of a V7 board and does anyone have any ideal what kind of transister it was. I'm hoping I can find a non-surface mount that I can replace it with. I've found a couple of pic on the forum, but none that I can make out what the transister is.BTW: No chance of returning it. I bought it new off Craigslist.Thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks agraham. That got me started but can't seem to find anything that matches that number. The board has quite a few of those on it so.. does anyone have any ideal what this transister is? Any guesses?

·
Registered
108 Posts
The same thing happened to me, i fixed this without using a transistor.I just soldered a wire between two points (In the picture it would be the left point with the lower right point).My eken now charges to the full capacity but the battery icon will always be in the fully charged state (green).So your eken will suddenly turn off (when the battery is empty) without warning when you repair it like this.It would be better to repair it with its original transistor, but this way is much easier and cheaper

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
blastexx looks like that the best answer I have found. I'll give it a try tomorrow night. Did yours quit charging when this happened? Don't think this will fix the blank display but at least I should be able to charge it.BTW, if I can get things going I plan to do your battery mod. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Blastexx dude, your a right demon with that soldering iron of yours, you'll solder anything anywhere :pHope I don't have this happen to mine, anyone know what's causing it? is it the charger charging at too higher current? Are you guys using the charger that came with it or one you replaced it with?

·
Registered
108 Posts
thnx betto ;) indeed i'll solder anything anywhere, the only thing that could happen is an explosion and some fire :pI used the original charger that came with it, maybe it's one of lower quality?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK guys, I must have gotten something else on the board also. Something in the charging circuit. It will power up as long as the charger is plugged in but when removed all goes off. I have searched the board over for other burns but found nothing. The traces on this thing are so small that a multimeter is very little use.So......Does anyone have a good main board for sale? Maybe someone has a broten display?I'll play some more tonight but it's not looking good.

·
Registered
108 Posts
so you soldered the wire in between the left and lower right solder point of the transistor?and also removed the old burned transistor and cleaned the burned spot?You can then scratch the traces a bit with an exacto knife and then solder the wire to it....

·
Registered
30 Posts
the right solder point is completely lifted from the board so I had to try to trace it from the back side. I can't seem to make any difference with the soldered wire or without. I didn't have a lot of time to spend on it last night. I may have found the reason for the melt down. I checked the charger which was supposed to be 9 volt and found that it was putting out 15 volts. That was probably the reason. It also had the polarity switched (my fault, It has a switch on it). After switching chargers the blue light would light while the charger was plugged in. It goes out as soon as it's unplugged. The red light will come on when you hit the power button while plugged in but that's it.Still can't get any video on the screen at all either. I've checked all the connectors but no joy. It also doesn't seem to do anything when trying to reflash it. Nothing happens at all. I'm thinking it's shot???BTW. I have never seen such a cheap product. I pulled the tape off the memory chip on the back and it lifted a capacitor off with it. Dam my old eyes. Those thing are small and hard to solder. LOL

·
Registered
100 Posts
I just burned mine last night. I thought I had the proper volts on it but it wasn't and POOF! I ordered another one from eBay today but if there's a chance I can get this old one working, that would be a bonus else I have a spare screen and battery I suppose. I may try the suggested solder on the board as was mentioned.

·
Registered
1 Posts
[quote name='rast4man;47517]I just burned mine last night. I thought I had the proper volts on it but it wasn't and POOF! I ordered another one from eBay today but if there's a chance I can get this old one working' date=' that would be a bonus else I have a spare screen and battery I suppose. I may try the suggested solder on the board as was mentioned.[/QUOTE'] my m001 digitizer touch screen cracked and not functioning.. do you think i can get replacement somewhere? i also have same problem.. my m001 can be used on AC power only.. why? my motherboard burned also..? i didnt open yet my eken..

·
Registered
36 Posts
Have a similar problem with my M002.Noticed/thought that the battery was self discharging when switched off, when in fact it just wasn't being charged with the power pack plugged in.Unit runs fine on plug pack or just on battery (which is slowly going flat)(May be this is why your screen went blank, the battery was flat having not received a charge)Haven't had the "burnout" as such, but suspect this switching FET has blown, just need to track it down!Asked Eken for a circuit but not holding my breath!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.