Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Has anyone had the notification bar randomly start working for them? Mine was working for a while last night, but then stopped after a restart!Not sure why it started working, but I am dying to figure out what caused it to make it run again....If we could get the notification bar running normally and add a "Home" button to it somehow, this would be an almost perfect device!

·
Registered
147 Posts
[quote name='edit_text;18952]I always get notifications' date=' do you mean you could actually pull down the notification bar?!?!e_t[/QUOTE'] Yeah, and now I can't replicate the "issue"!!!! I could pull it down from the top as well as from the Home screen hitting "Menu --> Notifications"I wish I wouldn't have turned off the device...

·
Registered
147 Posts
[quote name='tobias;18971]if you can replicate' date=' PLEASE take a picture or video, we need to see it!What launcher/home are you using on it? List any apk you might have installed before you saw this?Anything in the settings you changed?[/QUOTE'] Holy crap! It has happened again! See pics below:
Here is what happened (in regards to getting notification bar):1. Device powered on this morning, tinkered a while, tried turning screen off/on, no luck getting notification screen to work.2. Plugged in device and turned off screen, put in case, walked away.3. Noticed device was glowing in case as it is prone to waking itself up.4. Picked up device and started taking above pictures as notification screen was already active.WTF?

·
Registered
87 Posts
[quote name='BiPolarBear;18951]Has anyone had the notification bar randomly start working for them? Mine was working for a while last night' date=' but then stopped after a restart!Not sure why it started working, but I am dying to figure out what caused it to make it run again....If we could get the notification bar running normally and add a "Home" button to it somehow, this would be an almost perfect device![/QUOTE'] My notification screen has always worked!! I didn't know others were having trouble with it!?? I never get any notifications though, so I never thought it was a big deal. I just long press the status bar at the top and drag it down. When I long press it, a little gray tab appears, and I drag it. It is always empty and it didn't look like I could do anything with it. I am running PandaHome.

·
Registered
147 Posts
[quote name='pawnslinger;18983]My notification screen has always worked!! I didn't know others were having trouble with it!?? I never get any notifications though' date=' so I never thought it was a big deal. I just long press the status bar at the top and drag it down. When I long press it, a little gray tab appears, and I drag it. It is always empty and it didn't look like I could do anything with it. I am running PandaHome.[/QUOTE'] Mine was definitely not working prior to this. Tried hitting "Menu --> Notifications" from the home screen and nothing. Normally the notification bar only requires a swipe down and not the long press you mentioned, but that seems to work for me now also.For the non-believers:

·
Registered
147 Posts
For me, it seems like it only works when it is plugged in and after turning the screen off long enough for it to wake on it's own...Not sure I want to reset and try to repeat the process.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Okay, so my Novel froze and rebooted and the notification screen stopped working. So I decided I needed to figure out a quicker way to get it back without leaving it off until the screen wakes back up and found a shortcut to getting the "bug" back.I held the power button until it prompted me to "Power Off" or "Cancel" and I selected cancel. Viola, my notification screen works again?!?!?!?Can anyone else test this and see if they get the same result?

·
Registered
79 Posts
[quote name='BiPolarBear;19214]I held the power button until it prompted me to "Power Off" or "Cancel" and I selected cancel. Viola' date=' my notification screen works again?!?!?!?Can anyone else test this and see if they get the same result?[/QUOTE'] Confirmed here, for me (under PandaHome). First time I've had notifications work at ALL--that I've noticed, and I've been trying, off and on. Good catch.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.