Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope that it's only some rumours, but what is production quality compared to 7" MID's (RK2808 etc.)? I heard that 10" devices have much more hw problems .. Is it true, can anybody compares it? Thanks, kind regads, Jan

·
Registered
198 Posts
Should start a poll. Get mine on Monday.

·
Registered
383 Posts
juched;38278 said:
Should start a poll. Get mine on Monday.
I wrote a review on one of these sites from my disassembly of my ZT-180/M16 coming from 35 yrs. in the industry with over 15 in hardware manuf/service... and I'd give the hardware build quality about a B... actually pretty well done... some things I'd catch in review but overall Very good design, low cost and above average build quality with a good number of Manual manuf. steps assumed/included... the manual steps are what could be improved... The Software included (Android) in these early release versions gets below a C... but overall pretty reasonable for a quick to market early release product... so averaged out to a C+... would be a higher grade at the reduced price (<$200) since 1GHz ARM11 w/GC600ish DSP was identified vs. the initial Cortex A8 (ARM7+) advertised at ~$300

·
Premium Member
2,429 Posts
Not sure you can compare on that axis.this is the way I see it, YMMVA crappy builder will make crappy device. 7" or 10" and vice versa.A lot of the 10" out right now are engineering test units early builds and so on. the real productions 10" are better. We are past that for some of of the 7".Which rockchip the main assembler factory is on 'Batch 3'. They are getting better.The newest ZT-180 and TCC8902 slates are coming out in both 7 and 10 size with about the same build quality. But because 10' is ipad size a fewer of them are out we hear more about them.So I would say it's more of how new the HW is that the screen size. But newer hardware and 10 match up right now.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your answers! I'm asking about build quality because I have to decide to order MID with "stronger" WiTS-A81, cheaper Telechips TCC8902 or ZT-180/Orphan M16 with bigger screen and this aspect is important too for me. Maybe some seller could compare % of RMA of these devices here? :]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.