Android Tablets Forum banner
81 - 100 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I tried the original JB script, to get full market access, but it did not work. Also, it said something about some folder not found. And the question about installing the good driver is funny, there is no firmware update without it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I tried the JB script posted here, it was not able to see my tablet, though I just used the same system to update its firmware. So I tried another JB version of the same script, from a different source, I chose the AZ option and it worked, the market access almost complete.
There are some quirk issues:
- screen rotation, needs to be edited to 180, the 270 is really screwed up
- Quadrant benchmark has artefacts, screen tears. Antutu has no issues that I could notice

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
The main thing the JB script does is to change the build.prop to spoof Samsung Galaxy S2 and also changes the LCD density to 160. I tried 160 personally but finds that it doesn't look as good.

·
Registered
26 Posts
We did the spoof by hand, and it did not work. I think it edits also some other files, that allow it to access more of the market. The GPS icon in the power widget is still missing, however the compatibility is the same as with the original firmware.

·
Registered
7 Posts
any of you who changed their build.props file to the Galaxy S3-settings, did you encounter any video-decoding related problems like the playback of videos with hardware-decoding on? (for instance with MXPlayer HW+, BSPlayer with Hardwaremode, etc.)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Aaand it's gone, for some unknown reason the app/game compatibility is again gone for almost all used apps: facebook, chrome, beautiful widgets, foreca weather etc. No idea why, perhaps some update occurred in the Play Store app, or because I used a 3G USB stick the tablet noticed something...
I reapplied the patch, wiped dalvik cache, no success and still incompatible.

Somewhat annoying, my father wants the foreca weather app, I'll look for the apk.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Well, AppBrain can't be used as the app needed to use it is not seen on the Play Store. I will try loading the needed apps from their apk. But the questions remains: why isn't it working now, because it used to work? And why bother with the updates, rooting and enabling full market to come back at where I started: installing apps by hand.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hopefully this will help some N70HD users. I had the same problem with the play store on my tablet. Only a few apps showing and not even angry birds would show up. First thing I tried was to run the JB script full market fix with the az option with my own modified build.prop copied over the jb script one.

Things I changed in the jb script build.prop file:

1) I used the stock build.prop file which I pulled off the tablet and copied it over the one in the jbscript folder.
2) Opened the build.prop file in notepad++ (free download) and changed the following lines only.
ro.product.brand=samsung
ro.product.name=GT-I9100
ro.product.locale.language=en
ro.product.locale.region=US
ro.build.fingerprint=samsung/GT-I9100/GT-I9100:4.1.1/JRO03H/eng.sw3.20121108.142348:eng/test-keys
ro.sf.hwrotation=180 (This was default 180 I think. Stock JB script tries to change it to 270)
persist.sys.timezone=America/Chicago

you can also add the following from the original JB script (optional stuff that does nothing for play store)

# add
debug.sf.hw=1
persist.sys.ui.hw=1
ro.max.fling_velocity=12000
ro.min.fling_velocity=8000
ro.kernel.checkjni=0
persist.sys.purgeable_assets=1
ro.ril.disable.power.collapse=1
pm.sleep_mode=1
windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=180
wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=180

Ok, after all that was done and I ran the full market option it ...... wait for it ....... still didn't work.
I read several items about non standard lcd densities causing problems with play store so I changed this:

ro.sf.lcd_density=200 to ro.sf.lcd_density=160 (play store likes standard densities of 160 or 240. Lots of google information on this.)

Went to settings->accounts->clicked on google->clicked on the account then the three dots in the top right corner and chose remove. Went to apps->google play store->cleared cache then cleared data. Rebooted tablet. Logged into play store and still not working.

Finally, I clicked on the three dots in the top right corner in play store (settings) and chose settings->content filtering->everything was already checked so I just clicked ok. It asked me to agree to google agreement and I click ok again. And then.........................

Play Store Worked!!

I see pretty much everything now. And everything I have installed seems to be working fine. Auto updates are coming up on their own. So far, so good. Just doing the last step I posted above may fix the problem by itself or some other combination. I will test further but I wanted to post exactly step by step everything I did just in case.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Changed lcd density back to 200 and play store still working so maybe just try doing the content filter part. I bought three of these so I will test on the next unit I pull out of the box. Does anyone know where the content filter settings are saved? I'd like to do a comparison before and after since I didn't actually change anything. Maybe there is something corrupt about the file from the factory. Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I used the JB Script for rooting and allowing full Play Store access on the N70 to set up my wifes N70S. There must be a few different things in the N70 and N70S build.prop file because now when I'm in portrait mode the apps on the right and left side get cut off. I'm fairly new to Android OS so I forgot to make a back up of the original build.prop file. I'm looking for the stock build.prop file so I can cross reference the two to see if I can figure out what went wrong. Also I'm kind of on a deadline, the N70S is a Christmas present for my wife so I need to wrap it yet and put it under the tree in the next day or so. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey Guys I install a build prop editor and changed this value
Code:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrummy.apps.build.prop.editor
Code:
ro.product.model=Nexus 7
Now all apps work. Let me know if this works for you

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
Hey Guys I install a build prop editor and changed this value
Code:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrummy.apps.build.prop.editor
Code:
ro.product.model=Nexus 7
Now all apps work. Let me know if this works for you
Are you on the default firmware or the updated ones? Most of us having issues are using the latter updates.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
Hopefully this will help some N70HD users. I had the same problem with the play store on my tablet. Only a few apps showing and not even angry birds would show up. First thing I tried was to run the JB script full market fix with the az option with my own modified build.prop copied over the jb script one.

Things I changed in the jb script build.prop file:

1) I used the stock build.prop file which I pulled off the tablet and copied it over the one in the jbscript folder.
2) Opened the build.prop file in notepad++ (free download) and changed the following lines only.
ro.product.brand=samsung
ro.product.name=GT-I9100
ro.product.locale.language=en
ro.product.locale.region=US
ro.build.fingerprint=samsung/GT-I9100/GT-I9100:4.1.1/JRO03H/eng.sw3.20121108.142348:eng/test-keys
ro.sf.hwrotation=180 (This was default 180 I think. Stock JB script tries to change it to 270)
persist.sys.timezone=America/Chicago

you can also add the following from the original JB script (optional stuff that does nothing for play store)

# add
debug.sf.hw=1
persist.sys.ui.hw=1
ro.max.fling_velocity=12000
ro.min.fling_velocity=8000
ro.kernel.checkjni=0
persist.sys.purgeable_assets=1
ro.ril.disable.power.collapse=1
pm.sleep_mode=1
windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=180
wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=180

Ok, after all that was done and I ran the full market option it ...... wait for it ....... still didn't work.
I read several items about non standard lcd densities causing problems with play store so I changed this:

ro.sf.lcd_density=200 to ro.sf.lcd_density=160 (play store likes standard densities of 160 or 240. Lots of google information on this.)

Went to settings->accounts->clicked on google->clicked on the account then the three dots in the top right corner and chose remove. Went to apps->google play store->cleared cache then cleared data. Rebooted tablet. Logged into play store and still not working.

Finally, I clicked on the three dots in the top right corner in play store (settings) and chose settings->content filtering->everything was already checked so I just clicked ok. It asked me to agree to google agreement and I click ok again. And then.........................

Play Store Worked!!

I see pretty much everything now. And everything I have installed seems to be working fine. Auto updates are coming up on their own. So far, so good. Just doing the last step I posted above may fix the problem by itself or some other combination. I will test further but I wanted to post exactly step by step everything I did just in case.
Yes, the LCD density actually plays a large part. I am trying to spoof my N70HD as a Asus Nexus 7 but haven't been very successful. I have to rely on 3rd party app store like AppChina most of the time.

81 - 100 of 109 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.